Pit Stop WC

ZakspeedYakspeed

NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity
Valued Member
With the 2013 season drawing to a predictable close (but for any unexplained Renault powerplant alternator failures) ... and with Heppenheim feverishly finishing off the construction of Straße des 4 in honour of its favourite son... why not see what a Pit Stop WDC and WCC would like ... you know ... something different ... give those who struggle to watch complete domination each race a little glimmer of .... something ?!

Taking the average time per driver of all pitstops (excluding all Drive Through and Stop and Go Penalties) at each event and allocating points for a "WDC" based on fastest to slowest ... using the same points for a Constructors championship ...

Presented without further comment whilst I hang my balls in the pool ...

Attachments

• Pitstop Championship @ Korea.jpg
    Pitstop Championship @ Korea.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Pitstop Data @ Korea.xls
    54 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Do we really need another metric to tell us how much better RBR/Vettel are than everyone else :D

But seriously, this is good and useful data ZakspeedYakspeed . Thanks for compiling it.

I believe that in 2010 Merc were routinely the fastest, then McLaren had a spell where they focused so much on their pit stops they forgot about the car, and now Red Bull are unequivocally the best team at servicing their drivers.

:bangfists::bawl:You know KekeTheKing ... you start out doing something with hope in your heart and stars in your eyes ... and then you realize just as the last calculations spit back their results that you have been deceived again ...

What stood out for me was Lotus being average ... which makes Kimi and Grosjean results a little more impressive ... McLaren not being consistently good ...

I will see if I can get a cut of the data that just takes the fastest pit stop for each driver into consideration ... not the average of all .... maybe we will see a different leaderboard ...

I will see if I can get a cut of the data that just takes the fastest pit stop for each driver into consideration ... not the average of all .... maybe we will see a different leaderboard ...

I'd be interested in that. The results might be closer, but I would wager the pecking order stays the same.

KekeTheKing ... closer ... and the gap is defintely bridgeable !!

Variant ... rather take the average of all pit stops per driver per event, only take the fastest pit stop per driver per event ... and WDC/WCC it ...

Attachments

• Pitstop Championship @ Korea (fastest per driver).jpg
    Pitstop Championship @ Korea (fastest per driver).jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Pitstop Data @ Korea (fastest per driver).xls
    44.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
And if we only look at the Average pit stop time for each TEAM at each event ... and WDC/WCC it ... not differentiating between the drivers ... we see that Ferrari are heading RBR by a handful of points ...

An outlier included in the data is the RBR Webber Germany "can someone please catch this bouncing wheel" incident ... but that was a 100% pit crew controlled incident ... and they pay price that weekend with no points ... Ferrari haven't had such a blunder ...

and have a look at Marussia ... go chaps go ...

Attachments

• Pitstop Championship @ Korea (avg per team).jpg
    Pitstop Championship @ Korea (avg per team).jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Pitstop Data @ Korea (avg per team).xls
    32 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
And after Japan ... Ferrari extend their lead ... and the Lotii pull their finger out ... switch from 34hrs work week time to F1 time when one of their drivers is in with a shot ...

I don't know about you KekeTheKing ... but the edge of my couch got worn out with me sitting on it ....

Attachments

• Pitstop Championship @ Japan (avg per team).jpg
    Pitstop Championship @ Japan (avg per team).jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Updates through Abu Dhabi ... pdf in microprint for those with younger eyes ... spreadsheet for those who do not ...

Team Average Pit stop time Championship - RBR lead Ferrari by 9pts with USA and Brazil to come ...Mercedes win their first of year in Abu Dhabi ... could RBR be denied something this season other than best on track linguine ...

Driver Fastest Pit stop time Championship - Webber wins his first since Monaco ... pulls Vettel lead back to 25pts with two races to go ...

Driver Average Pit stop time Championship - McLaren's Sergio Perez takes the Abu Dhabi non alcoholic chocolates ... Vettel clinches the 'championship' ... 59pts ahead of Alonso two races to go

Time for Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes to pony up the Euro's and start poaching some RBR crew for next season ...

Attachments

• Pitstop data through Abu Dhabi.pdf
    599.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Pitstop data @ Abu Dhabi.xls
    119 KB · Views: 167
Much to my disappointment sushifiesta ... I was hoping for a surprise ... tip of the hat to RBR and wag of the finger to the rest ...

Back
Top Bottom