Pirelli tyres.Pedro De la Rosa.

To be fair to Jarno, races with lots of pitstops do usually become more difficult to follow. Not that I have a vested interest or anything...!

But it's a small price to pay if we get more racing and/or unpredictability.

P.S. 'Notts' Forest? You can get in trouble for that...

To be fair to Jarno, races with lots of pitstops do usually become more difficult to follow. Not that I have a vested interest or anything...!

Good lord, I hadn't even been thinking of that. These Lap Charts will definitely be a mess, but if we could adequately sort out China 2010, I feel confident we can handle whatever Jarno and the boys throw at us this year.

But it's a small price to pay if we get more racing and/or unpredictability.

P.S. 'Notts' Forest? You can get in trouble for that...

He is right about it being harder to follow but i don't consider that a negative in terms of excitement. Getting rid of refueling was perfect for this season instead of last. Now we will get pit stops that are reactive rather than pre-meditated. I can see a few late dives into the pits coming this season. :D

Tyre degradation seems really bad, or good from our point of view. One race does worry me though, Canada. Will they even be able to make 3 laps with these tyres on that surface. I hope we don't get more than 4 pit stops per race. It will be entertaining, but i think 3 or 4 pit stops is enough.

We spoke about the White and Silver tyres being too much alike. I guess this is actually a good thing for views. This way you don't actually have to remember the colour for each compound. If you see a bright colour you know it is soft, if you see whitey colour then it is the harder compound. Anybody who has anymore interest in the tyres than that will probably know anyway when we get told pre-race. I think the different colours were just a branding thing.

Most of the drivers comments today on Pirelli's tyres are very positive.The high degradation seen in pre season testing has virtually disappeared at Austrailia in the higher temperatures.
They still wear faster than last years tyres, which is exactly what Pirelli had been asked to produce.

Bro. Face it.If you had finished 15th out of 16 finishers two laps down, wouldn't you try to blame something:D

I think changing the silver is a good call.
On TV it's probably not that hard to see but several hundred metres away it could be.

I personally would have used blue for the wets too.

I think changing the silver is a good call.
On TV it's probably not that hard to see but several hundred metres away it could be.
I personally would have used blue for the wets too.

But surely, as long as one tyre compound has a clearly different colour than the other, that's all the ID you need? The fact that on Sunday the options clearly (to me, anyway) had yellow markings, made it obvious by simple deduction which were the primes, very much as last season. It really doesn't matter if you can't tell silver from white because you will never need to, as I am sure has already been pointed out at some point (assuming there is never a race where the two compounds used will be hard and medium).

At times I didn't find it that easy to spot the difference between yellow and silver.

Last season and the season before there were a few races where the compounds were only 1 apart.

I was ok with the tyres in the pit lane, but to be honest I had difficulty telling them apart on track. Coloured sidewalls would be infinitely preferable, if possible.

It probably would have helped if I'd remembered to watch the race on the HD channel, mind you.

Remember these from Pirelli
pirelli.jpg

It probably would have helped if I'd remembered to watch the race on the HD channel, mind you.
Even if you had, the tyre markings would have been obscured by the graphics.

For some bizarre reason, here in London, the Sky BBC HD and the freeview DTV channels both had 4:3 graphics :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom