Pikes Peak

WOW, Ari shows some serious skills there.

There sound like some complete morons there in the second video, but what a crash.. Guess this is what happens when talent runs out.. Glad they were OK..

Brogan - There is also armco placed on several of the higher altitude turns (including the turn you see from the spectacular helicopter shot in the Climb Dance film). I'm all for safety measures but to be honest you kind of know what you're getting yourself into by entering a competition to drive up a mountain. The danger should be limited but you shouldn't be handed get-out-of-jail-free cards. It certainly doesn't require as much skill as it used to, Loeb's car is basically a 908 HDI FAP Le Mans car, rather than the rally/rallycross-style cars of old.

I read earlier a Peugot engineer saying how 6 months of preperation goes into something that may only last 8 minutes!

As some of you may know. Sebastian Loeb will on Sunday 30th be attempting to break the record on the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in the Peugeot T16. This has been many months in the build up and I am rather excited to find it will be streamed on the internet for all to watch.

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/events/1331586339602/pikes-peak-international-hill-climb

If your not excited. Have a look at this beast of a car. 875bhp and weighs 875Kg. Yup so for those good with math that is exactly 1000bhp per ton. Excited yet.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 15.53.53.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 15.54.03.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 15.54.15.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 15.54.27.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 15.54.35.png

How about now.

Done some more investigating and I can't see a running order anywhere, I assume it must be so changable they don't bother. But I have found out it starts at 8am Colorado time which is 3pm UK time. Perfect for watching after Silverstone has finished. Thats my lazy Sunday sorted.

Some good info on the big names trying for the record (9:46.164) in the unlimited class.
http://www.ppihc.com/updates/2013/0...ecord-attempt-at-pikes-peak-at-full-throttle/

I can see that rear wing turning up on a Citroen Saxo thumping round the streets of Hull with a young laddy in a baseball cap and music at a volume deaf people can hear any day soon

And the award for 'the least amount of racing footage shown during a race' goes to redbull Tv.
Come on up and collect your steaming heap of shit award.
No ****ing idea when Leob is on can't watch this turd fest much longer.

Back
Top Bottom