1. If you can see this message then you are on the new server.

The site is now available via a secure URL: https://cliptheapex.com

Dismiss Notice

Paul di Resta

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by FB, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

I am surprised that there are no Brazilian sponsors but then there has been a lot of upheaval in the country and accusations of corruption of its former president for the once emerging economy

RasputinLives Considering a choice of Stroll or Wehrlein .. Williams have picked the safer of the two... Wehrlein seems to have already developed an unwanted reputation despite achieving very little to make him standout against the other youngsters on the grid

I'll say again some Mercedes young drivers seems to have this idea in their head that they have right to be in F1 by default associating with Mercedes and driving for a top team attitude without earning it

2. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

So an 18 year old who just won F3 is a safer option that a guy who has done numerous F1 junior tests and a full year in F1? Yeah. That's nuts.

teabagyokel likes this.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Stroll seems so far to be a very good match with some previous Williams second drivers.

4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Someone labelled Stroll the new Pastor Maldonado today on twitter- ouch ! Looks like Di Resta might get his chance sooner to get back in the car if it is a sign of things to come for poor Stroll

Dean Stuart Barnes (@Dean2020) on Twitter

andthomsonalex (@ialexthomson) on Twitter

Difference between Stroll and Wehrlein is at least Stroll is willing to listen to his engineers and not think he is bigger than the team which is Wehrlein's problem

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  5. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

gethinceri likes this.
  6. RasputinLives

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I may have to chow down on my headwear now after previous claims.

By the way it took 45 second of commentary before it was mentioned that Di Resta beat Vettel when they were team mates in Euro F3 and then got 4 more mentions after that.

7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

teabagyokel as you requested. For one weekend only.

teabagyokel likes this.
  8. teabagyokel

RasputinLives - I think you're all right; I wouldn't describe him as having been given a race seat, just a reserve seat that came to fruition.

If he ever 'first-choice' to start a race on Friday morning, then it's hat time.

9. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

And as fast as the 'current' pre-fix was added so it shall be removed.

LOL

gethinceri and teabagyokel like this.
  10. RasputinLives

We better prey Massa's ear gets better over the summer.

11. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

12. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

13. teabagyokel

I don't fully understand why they're interested in him of all people.

14. cider_and_toast

I'm sure his real fans know why.

;)

15. RasputinLives

I also debate 'eye catching performance'. On short notice the guy deserves a pat on the back for how well he did but let's not get carried away. He was 35 seconds behind Lance Stroll when he retired which was the biggest gap between any team mates.

Galahad likes this.
  16. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Haters gonna hate.

17. RasputinLives

Thanks Taylor Swift.

I get it though I do not like him. I was trying to be objective though. I said trying, I didn't say succeeding.

I'll just zip it and watch from afar.

18. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

PdR doing the graphics for Sky Sports football now.

[​IMG]

Bill Boddy, gethinceri and Titch like this.
  19. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

I’m really glad I don’t watch.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice