Overtaking Style and Tyres

The only thing I was defending was my statement that Ferrari has a relationship with Pirelli and I think I have shown sufficient proof that they do, I'm sure it is all above board.:)

Where as Pirelli do not directly sponsor the Ferrari F1 team, (which may break the rules in some way, I don't know) they are the Main sponsors of Scudereia Ecosse.

http://www.scuderiaecosse.com/sponsorship/index.html

This gives them very strong ties to the Ferrari team as a whole so like I said they do have a relationship.

JFK and the grassy knoll anyone.;)

I'm just quoting directly from the page link you've given me now:

Scuderia Ecosse is a Championship-winning motor racing team, based close to Edinburgh in Scotland, and competing in motorsport events all over the world. Their story is one of fast cars, racing heroes and glamorous locations. But it is also a story of triumph over adversity, hard graft, teamwork and sheer determination.
In just three short years Scuderia Ecosse has gone from being a brand new GT team to becoming two-time British GT Champions, race winners in the Le Mans Series and the FIA GT Championship and podium-finishers at the daunting Le Mans 24 Hours.
Led by owner, Stewart Roden, Scuderia Ecosse has amassed an unparalleled set of results with its stable of beautifully-prepared Ferrari GT cars…

Doesn't sound like Ferrari to me - more like a team who use Ferrari's to go GT racing and as you click on the page that says drivers and it says "2009 drivers to be announced shortly!" I also suggest that its exceptionaly out of date! If this is the best evidence you can find of a link between Ferrari F1 team(ya know the one based in Italy and not Scotland) and the Pirreli then I suggest like others you may have been mislead into assuming all Italian companies are linked merely because they are Italian

and as for the conspiracy theory, as Bill says the team most hurt by the introduction of Pirelli tyres last year were Ferrari.

This is the internet though so don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. ;)

I'm not into conspiracy theory's I'm trying to defend my original statement thats all. like I said if I am proved wrong then I will be the first to hold up my hand and say so..

Well I still see no evidence that there is a link between Ferrari and Pirreli sponsorship wise. I see a link between a team in Scotland who run Ferrari GT cars and Pirelli but not Ferrari F1 team.

I'm not trying to be an ass I just have a real thing for inaccuracies and accusations - its where all these conspiracy theories breed from. If there truely was a link between Ferrari and Pirreli ask yourself why their road cars aren't sold with Pirelli rubber as standard.

If there truely was a link between Ferrari and Pirreli ask yourself why their road cars aren't sold with Pirelli rubber as standard.

because other rubber companies especially Jap ones are much much more competitive when it comes to the crunch

you gotta ask yourself this; why did all the top Jap tyre companies quit F1?

Why did an Italian company that has had its glory many years before enter a space with hardly any competition, it wasnt there when there was competition, its only there when the big boys are not there?

Or do you think Pirelli were a Godsend to F1?

I somehow doubt they are making a profit directly from supplying tyres to F1 so good for them. We certainly wouldn't have had the fun we had last year without Pirelli tyres either.

I think Pirelli have done a good job and I will cede that there is no direct involvement between Ferrari and Pirelli.

That I can find.

Fair enough! I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but (much like the papal coat-of-arms thing) we have only circumstantial evidence.

Back
Top Bottom