Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Belgian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Belgian Grand Prix out of ten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They weren't reacting to a threat. They were getting Rosberg into 2nd to give them a 1-2 as, if you remember, he was behind at the time.

They were reacting to the threat of not finishin in a 1-2, that's what I meant. And as I said I have no issue with them doing what they did and I understand why they did it. Ultimately Perez finished the race almost a minute behind Rosberg, and the closest car to him was 40 seconds back. So Perez was no threat to the 1-2 and I think Rosberg might have managed that result whenever he was pitted.

Or he could have got stuck behind him and been pushed back into others catching them up. No point taking the gamble really is there? Get him early and get track position it was never going to make the slightest bit of difference to Hamilton anyway.

If they didn't do it then they have been called tactically naive. If they hadn't done it and it was Hamilton they'd have been called idiots in the press for weeks.

Perez hardly has a clean record in terms of not crashing into people passing him, and of course Rosberg and Ricciardo collided in very recent memory.

Alas, I had to watch it on Sky, it cost me 10 Euros in beer as well; had the TV in the room being on analog meant that I did not know that RAI were showing it later on in the evening which would have saved both those problems. There was a football match in the next room, the race did not come into the exciting area and despite both the Mercedes drivers being slow to pull away at the start the car is so much faster that it makes no difference. What does Raikonnen have to do to get a good race? Ricciardo looked like he was going to have one before going into retirement. A plus was a shot of Alonso making an overtake, also Vettel's tyre blew out a lap too late for Alonso to get to finish in front of him.:) However having managed to get into minus figures Grosjean finished with a good drive, pulling the score up to 1.

Just to add insult to injury it turns out there was another Belgian GP race that I missed on the same afternoon:

Winners and Losers - Belgium

I voted after getting home from a very nice family holiday, and have just re-watched it (dumped my bags opened a bottle of wine then watched the race on DVR); I may have been a tad enthusiastic with my vote (8) after going without any racing to watch for many weeks.

Back
Top Bottom