Poll Out of Ten - 2014 Belgian Grand Prix

2014 Belgian Grand Prix Out of Ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll give it a 7. It could have been a 9 or a 10 had Williams chosen a lower downforce set up. I suppose they thought they had a chance of pole or front row start... Personally I would have set up Bottas's car to overtake, he's is a racer, opportunist and giving him a car that couldn't overtake was unforgivable. Again Red Bull show how knowing not just your own strengths and weaknesses but also your oppositions is key to effective race strategy.

Last edited:
the race was ruined by Rosberg and there was not much happening at the front until Bottas got going eventually and Rosberg had to fight back. Ricciardo pulled off some smart overtakes but nothing more than a 6

Lots of mayhem, no safety car, good moves, dumb moves = plus points. Stewarding gone too weak and as usual a tad inconsistent, a couple of inconsequential niggles not worth talking about = not too many negatives.

Oh, wait ... there was that brain-fade that ruined the month long anticipated Lewis-Nico head to head. I must be thankful that my enjoyment of F1 isn't dependent on the fortunes of just the two blokes up front. However, I was looking forward to this one because, as we saw, Spa is an event where there are numerous overtaking opportunities. I expected a race long battle at the front, possibly with a resurgent Red Bull making it a four-way fight for the right reasons. In fact, after the initial disappointment of the "lap two incident", we did get a chase and we got the ever smiling Daniel Ricciardo notching up his third win of the season. Who'd a thunk it?

I won't lie, there was disappointment with the show and I hate the BBC's presenteritis coverage but the race was good with guys fighting hard and pulling off some great moves so it's getting a 9 from me, which is rare.

Back
Top Bottom