Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

2016 has been a crazy year so much unbelievable things happening leicester, brexit, & donald trump to name but a few, but Nico rosberg retirement from F1 taken the biscuit. i cant remember the last time, i was so stunned at piece of news, because of world of social media, we always have a hint of something. but i had to pick my mouth up off the floor when i just stumbled upon it

this is what rosberg done to everyone right now (7.04 onwards)

Last edited:
WOW never saw that coming

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 14.01.31.png

Mercedes DTM then. Still racing. Closer to home and a lot less pressure.

Mind you, how many front line teams are yet to finalise their line ups forand next year (in anythe series?)

I don't think Mercedes would be too chuffed to see their world champion in a WEC Porsche.

Pfffffft quitter.

Nico Rosberg said:
Phew, I finally managed to squeeze over the line and earn my daddy's love.

It was, for sure, quite a hard decision to make but then I remembered that all the other boys in the class were actually a lot better than me and for sure I knew I'd never win another one, for sure, with the new rules next season when you actually have to "drive" the car. Screw that, I'm going to rest on my laurels and my cushion made out of money and piss about in sports cars until I get fat like Dad.

Oh yeah, something about my family, yeah, I guess I'll have to spend some time with them I guess.

*All firmly tongue in cheek! :D

Fair play to Nico for doing this today, he's earned a lot of respect from me, leaving as the undefeated champion to spend time with his family.

Would imagine it'll annoy Lewis, frustrate Mercedes (less leverage for reprimanding Lewis), worry Red Bull & have all the F1 agents on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom