Announcement New tagging feature available

I have sneaking suspicion the developer had already been working on it for a while and it was just fortuitous timing :D

I has been mentioned elsewhere but tagging now supports apostrophes and quotation marks, like so:

@Brogan's
"@Brogan"

Oh and email on alert is now possible but I have unfortunately had to disable it as we have a 2,000 daily email limit.

Even so! There are bits of my project that I know for a fact have been built and tested, and were going to be deployed, when we ask if we can get them live, we get the old "About 10-12 weeks" quote, which seems to be the usual.

I have seen it, but only on your posts. Is it possible that you are applying formatting which spans the user-tags and that the nesting of the BB code tags is getting messed up?

I shall try to reproduce it I think it happens when I put in an apostrophe posted and then edited the post to put a space after the apostrophe causing the link but now the new system is up I don't think it can happen again but I'll try..

Oh and Brogan by chance if you look at my post number 10 above tagging geth, you will see an example of where the tag link has been joined to the sentence as we discussed on another thread so maybe you can dissect it and see what was going on....
Is it possible that you are using the cursor keys or mouse pointer to go back and edit text after the tag and then continuing to type after the tag but inadvertently finding that you are typing from within it?
Make sense?

You could maybe avoid by not deleting the space following the tag when editing back or by inserting after the space when injecting new text. Always leave a space after creating a tag.

I can't be sure whether I have identified the problem or the solution but hopefully that will help.

1.2 now includes tagging by default so the add-on has been removed.
As a result though, tagging on profiles is no longer supported as that feature is not available in the core.

Back
Top Bottom