Notice New features coming soon with XenForo 1.3

We are now running XenForo 1.3.

Other than a problem related to registration and login via Twitter (which I am looking in to), everything seems to work.

If you encounter any issues please let me know.

Edit: Twitter login is now fixed.

Edit 2: Looks like there's a problem with embedding Vimeo, I'm looking into it.

Edit 3: It appears to be a Vimeo site issue due to a DDoS attack.

Last edited:
Just in case you weren't aware teabagyokel, there is now a dedicated Spoiler button in the editor toolbar.

upload_2014-2-1_19-49-11.png

When I was at college about 12 years ago (The second time round.) one one of the units contained a presentation each of us had to do I believe it is to prepare you for getting work instead of interviews you present yourself to a panel anyway we all did our bit some where good some not I did okay even though I wasn't used to that sort of thing.

But this is my rant,, one girl who thought she was good wasn't but she would not accept it she knew she had screwed up and asked to do hers again which she did and she screwed up again and so she asked to do it again, not only wasting every ones time but she was crap.

The thing is you get the one chance you won't be allowed to say to a prospective employer or client "Oh I messed up can I have another go." If you want to practice do it before hand and not when it's too late, and most of all don't waste my ****ing time.....

Be ****ing prepared....

Another season another shit season.
I don't care about passing HRTs, Lotuses or Virgins endless amounts of time.
I want overtaking in the front of the field in the dry without any driver mistakes involved.

Monza 71, 69, 67 are how it should be.

Mod comment

Please do not bypass the swear filter. Just type the word normally and allow the swear filter to do its job or use the :censored: smilie.

Thank you.

I thought the whole Brawn to Mercedes smelled fishy ... all together now "grooooooaaaaan" Sorry ....

In all seriousness, now, IMHO that is one helluva loss to the sport. Oh well, best wishes and good luck to him but I can't help thinking of Ken Tyrell.

Inside the McLaren Technology Centre, there is a hush - a sense that the whole place is holding its breath, trying to cope with the sudden and wholly unexpected news. There is a palpable feeling of disbelief, even as a pair of Anthracite-clad minions lower the Union Flag to half-mast. Moving smoothly through the pristine corridors, we can taste the loss emanating from every door...

...no less so as we approach the Granite Portal of his Ronship's mighty office. We see Martin Whitmarsh stood without, head bowed in silent reflection. Presently the Portal opens silently, just wide enough to admit him into Ron's noble presence...

RD: Martin...I...er, I am currently bereft of the requisite vocabulary to express the feelings of lachrimosity, grief and, indeed, no small measure of regret at the passing of Biomaton no.22's patriarch. It has failed to escape my attention that such feelings are permeating the entire McLaren Racing Concern's facilities at present. How may one achieve a satisfactorily fitting tribute to this man, who, reprehensible though I found his proclivities to be, performed such surprisingly effective service in fostering the endearment of the McLaren family to F1 fandom?
MW: Er...I know you & John weren't the best of friends Ron, but that is very kind of you to offer. We're all feeling a bit shell-shocked, to be honest. I've given Jenson the rest of the week off from the simulator.
RD: Of course - that is only right and proper under the circumstances. Have Biomaton no.20 fill in for the duration, would you?
MW: Er...it will be done Ron.
RD: Splendid. Now - I am minded to facilitate the memorialisation of John Button in some manner. Nothing too extravagant, however. Do you have any thoughts, Martin?
MW: Er...I'm not sure Ron - it all seems a bit pointless now, doesn't it?
RD: Indeed not Martin - despite his noisome habits, and infuriatingly obtuse view of Cleanliness and Order and the McLaren Way and Purpose, I do understand that he really had the interests of Biomaton no.22's, and by extension, McLaren's good standing at the core of his actions. That is not an insignificant marker to lay against one who, when all is said and done, was never actually employed by ourselves, is it not?
MW: (brightens slightly) Er...since you put it like that Ron, yes - I suppose he did, didn't he?
RD: I am glad you concur. I would be deluding my august person not to recognise the fact. I believe I may have a fitting tribute for the man in mind - kindly accompany me to the main lobby, would you?

The two man enter Ron's private lift, and emerge into the vast sweeping lobby, walking past the McLaren F1s, the MP4/4 and the gleaming trophy cabinet, we see them stop in front of a particularly luxuriant pot plant...

...a gleaming plaque on the pot itself bears the testimony:

In Memoriam John Button.
Father, Friend and Ally of McLaren
He always gave that little bit extra
We Will Not See His Like Again.
R.I.P.

Wiping away a tear, Martin shakes Ron's hand...

MW: Thankyou Ron - it's what he would have wanted...
RD: (wiping away a small tear of his own) Yes, I thought so too. Will you join me for a commiseratory glass of Shiraz, Martin?

We leave the two men to their remembrance.

(Author's Note - this was far from easy to write, unspurprisingly! RIP John Button - my favourite F1 personality. I hope you can forgive me taking liberties with your character over the last couple of years, but you made me laugh, and I wanted to share how much I enjoyed seeing you support your son all these years. From a fellow Somerset lad, I will miss you terribly, even though I never met you in person. Sadness abounds!)
Just testing multiquote Brogan

A useful option but I'm concerned that multi-quote may be too easy for some users, particularly new members, to innocently over use. It may perhaps even be open to abuse. Could create some more work for moderators. I don't know the answer to those issues. I suppose use could be restricted to those who have certain privileges. Just a couple of thoughts.

I must admit it's not something I see as being particularly useful.
It has been in place on XenForo's site for some time now and I haven't used it once.

Currently we have all of the smilies in one big category.

I'm willing to split them up into separate categories if it would be worthwhile.

I'm not sure of the benefit of doing so though, nor how to categorise them all.

Me either.
I'm just exploring the options available with the new features that come with 1.3.
Other then the bb code being built in to the core (which replaces the add-on we were using), there isn't really much else which is post related.

Some people don't understand that it is not necessary to quote the post above let alone how to edit out the quote to the relevant point they are trying to make multiquotiing can only exasperate this very real problem in my view.

To be honest when someone quotes the post above with no editing it really gets my goat, it's like they don't understand the concept of continuity, when I walk into a pub and the landlord says what are you having I don't repeat his words before telling him my choice of beverage, if I did I would sound like an idiot or he would think that I was taking the piss and kick me out....

Last edited:
Ii don't use anything from programming code display downwards, but then I again I don't do anything fancy.

Would a float bb code be of any use?

So images for example could be floated left or right, allowing text to wrap around them.

Back
Top Bottom