Netflix fans and Mick Schumacher

shouxana

Browser
Since the news about Haas dropping Schumacher almost two years ago, not a week goes by that someone doesn't question that decision calling for a seat to be made available for Mick. Latest one was his uncle, but usually it's some random IG post, comment under an article or even some obscure article here and there.​
With introduction of F1 to general audiences who would normally not care about the sport at all, you allow the sport to be viewed as a soap opera rather than the pinnacle of performance (both athletic and engineering). I know two people who started watching F1 because of Netflix, and they view the sport through that prism of "wow this will look great in Drive to Survive next season". They start to like a driver, or team personnel because of what they said or did on the show, not on the track. Nowhere is this more visible than with Mick (and Ricciardo but I will rant about that once he is gone for good and this whole thing starts again).​
I have nothing against the guy obviously, but it is just a fact that when you split the car in half twice in two months there is really nothing for you to be found on the grid. And what pisses me off to no end are the questions that Steiner (really don't get the hype around him either) was getting for these Netflix fans - why did you drop Mick. Because someone has to pay for those cars that get split in half. Because you liking someone on Netflix does not make up for the lost points in the title fight.​
It's a brutal sport, but that's what makes it special. It's 20 seats. 20 for the whole world! When you watch the biggest football derby there are 22 of them in the field. And than there are 30 more derbies that weekend all over the place. 20 seats! Anyone not good enough should go. Maybe some of the fans too.​
Anyway, hoping for good racing in Monza. Have nice weekend and may the most Italian team win :)

mick is just like Bruno senna. because of who he is & sad story of his Michaels accident, everyone just wants him to be better than he actually is, & but as the saying goes the stopwatch never lies, your name may open up doors, but it only gets you so far until your talent needs to show & when you see that he was outpaced by kevin Magnussen who is now leaving because he cant get near hulkenberg.

Russell, Piastri, Leclerc all won the F3 & F2 titles in consecutive years. Schumacher came 12th with 1 reverse grid win. then won in his 2nd year

mick is just like Bruno senna. because of who he is & sad story of his Michaels accident, everyone just wants him to be better than he actually is, & but as the saying goes the stopwatch never lies, your name may open up doors, but it only gets you so far until your talent needs to show & when you see that he was outpaced by kevin Magnussen who is now leaving because he cant get near hulkenberg.

Russell, Piastri, Leclerc all won the F3 & F2 titles in consecutive years. Schumacher came 12th with 1 reverse grid win. then won in his 2nd year
Agree 100%, everyone wanted him to be good, but a lot of people still think he is better than he showed which is just not the case.

And not 5 hours after my post James Vowels has his saying on the matter :D

Back
Top Bottom