Name that car...

I care FB. Honest.

The trouble is, I haven't got a clue what it is.

All I can get from the picture is that it dates from around the 79/80 period because of the style of side skirts. I thought for a bit that it could be a Fittitpaldi but then the sponsorship didn't tally. The front end also looks a bit like a Shadow/Arrows however I don't think it's one of those because again the sponsorship/colour scheme dosn't fit.

So I've got no idea. :dunno:

It was a bit obscur - it's the Merzario A1B driven by Arturo Merzario himself in 2 Grand Prix in 1979 (he got a DNF in both). This one might be a little easier (love those exhaust pipes!)

Attachments

• quiz.jpg
    quiz.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 131
Your weren't wrong FB, I've never heard of it !!!

Any how, Your new pic looks like John Surtees' 1968 Honda to me?

FB said:
It was a bit obscur - it's the Merzario A1B driven by Arturo Merzario himself in 2 Grand Prix in 1979 (he got a DNF in both).
Hmmmm, maybe not as naggingly familiar as I first thought :D

Over to you the CaT, it's the Honda RA273 as driven by Richie Ginther, John Bucknum (1966) and John Surtees (1967)

Ok then dudes and dudettes. Feast your peepers at this and tell me what it is.

Bonus points for the name of the driver as well.

Good luck.

Attachments

• clipQuiz.jpg
    clipQuiz.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 108
Hmmm, raised nose and no barge boards means mid to late 90's but beyond that I don't know. I thought the helmet may be Ivan Capelli's but I looked at his on Google and the colours aren't right. So unless I start working through the Wiki entries I haven't a clue.

Yep it's a Dome F105. Much tested but never raced. Dome tried to make it to the grid several times but finally gave up in 1999.

The driver was Marco Apecelli. An F1 driver who's entire career consisted of 1 race and 1 lap all though he spent over 10 years as a test driver for various F1 teams.

I know what that is and do you think I can remember. It's one of those that ran on a sponsorship of about 50 pence a season.

I've got a feeling it's an Onyx but I'm not sure.

As for the Driver? Not a clue. Someone not very good I guess? I have Bertrand Gachot in my head but know that's not right.

Hmm. I'll have to sleep on it.

It is indeed an Onyx CaT, the Onyx ORE-1 to be precise from the 1989 and 1990 seasons. The driver is Stefan Johansson, one of F1's true "Journey Men". Given that he drove for two of F1's biggest teams, at a time when they had competitive cars, but never managed a win you have to wonder if he had photo's of the team principals in compromising positions :snigger:

Do you ever get the feeling there are only two of us playing this game, FB?

I will have to have a poke around the net and come up with the next picture.

Back
Top Bottom