Motorsports Calendar, 23-25 July 2010

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
While the stars of the Grand Prix circuit make their way to Germany and the Hockenheimring, here's the motorsports calendar for those of us who can't stand Bernie E and his traveling circuit.......... ;)

First, we're going to make mention of our 2-wheel friends..........this weekend is of course, the weekend of the Red Bull United States Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca(Monterey, California), which will host both MotoGP and AMA Pro Racing(thanks to the regulations w/in the People's Republic of California state of California banning 2-stroker engines, only MotoGP competes at MRLS; AMA Pro Racing provides all the undercard action.......... :censored: :censored: )
----MotoGP: Red Bull United States Grand Prix, round 9
----AMA Pro Racing[American Superbike, rounds 13-14
----AMA Pro Racing[Daytona Sportbike, rounds 12-13]
----AMA Pro Racing[AMA Pro Supersport, rounds 13-14]

~~~IndyCar Series: Honda Indy Edmonton, Centre City Airport/Rexall Speedway--Edmonton, Alberta(1.96-mile airport circuit)
~~~NHRA Drag Racing: Mopar Mile-High Nationals, Bandimere Dragway--Denver, Co.
~~~American LeMans Series: Northeast Grand Prix, Lime Rock Park--Lakeville, Ct.(1.53-mile natural terrain road course)
~~~NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Allstate 400 @ the Brickyard, Indianapolis Motor Speedway--Speedway, Ind.(2.5-mile rectangular oval)

Of course, there are also several support events to be held this weekend as well...................
~~Firestone Indy Lights: City Centre Airport/Rexall Speedway
~~GP2 and GP3 Series: Hockenheimring
~~IMSA Prototype Lites: Lime Rock Park

In addition, there is one additional event on the motorsports calendar.............this weekend marks the 33rd running of the Suzuka 8 Hours motorcycle endurance race. Over the years, several notable 2-wheel champions from Mick Doohan, Valentino Rossi, Colin Edwards, Wayne Gardner, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson and Scott Russell have challenged the Suzuka circuit over the years to varying degrees of success.
~~~Suzuka 8 Hours, Suzuka Circuit--Suzuka City, Japan

As always, check your local listings for the exact times/dates, and feel free to add any events that have escaped my attentive self. Thank you.

:) :goodday:

Mod Comment

Matthew, due to the increase in exposure of the site the forum rules have been tightened. Please refer to people by their correct names or inoffensive nicknames. I have edited your post accordingly. Any questions please refer to any of the moderating team. Fat Jez

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
Stupid question, but shouldn't Moto2 be allowed at Laguna? there 4 stroke bikes. Im wondering why there not racing this weekend.

I'm wondering that too, AMR........ :o :o :o
My guess would be that the CARB, the California Air Resources Board, wasn't able to decide one way or the other, so they kept the old, 2-stroke ban in place(which for Moto2 doesn't make sense since they're 4-strokers....). OTOH, the powers that be in MotoGP don't seem to mind since the whole series(MotoGP, Moto2 and the 125's) compete at Indy, so they're likely of the opinion that it doesn't matter in Laguna Seca's case. Plus, the AMA teams put on an excellent show at Seca' in front of the international teams, so I don't see anything changing there..........

Back
Top Bottom