Motorsport on TV March 20th/21st

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
Just the one big event this week, but perversely the biggest chunk of motorsport action in 2010 to date - the Sebring 12 Hours enduro from the airfield circuit in Florida.

After some time rather in the wilderness, Motors TV returns to showing some live, mainstream action, providing coverage of all twelve hours (allegedly) from 2pm on Saturday afternoon.

The race is regarded as one of the toughest events in sportscar racing, with twelve hours at the bumpy, dusty Sebring considered more challenging on reliability than the twenty-four hours of Le Mans. The big manufacturers used Sebring as their first test of the season for many years for this reason, and some exceptional battles ensued - not least last season when the lead Audis and Peugeots ran nose-to-tail throughout, victory only going to the German marque after the #8 Pug suffered a puncture.

Sadly budget constraints mean Audi are not present this season, so Peugeot are strong favourites (well, nailed-on) for victory, the #7 car pedalled by Marc Gene, Alex Wurz and F1 refugee Anthony Davidson, while the #8 car is driven by Pedro Lamy, Sebastien Bourdais and Nicolas Minassian. Aston Martin Racing are taking a solitary Lola and will probably lead the "challenge" to the Peugeots, though the driver lineup of Stefan Mucke, Harold Primat and Adrian Fernandez is of variable quality.

The focus will almost certainly be on the battle in the GT class, and rightly so, as Corvette, Porsche 911, Ford GT, Ferrari 430, Jaguar XKR and BMW M3 go head-to-head. Chevy's home team are slight favourites but have qualified fifth and sixth in class, behind a Ferrari, two Porsches and the David Letterman/Bobby Rahal-owned polesitter BMW M3. Times are so close that no-one will be able to afford a problem of any sort throughout the twelve hours.

Thanks for the info'.

I've never watched the Sebring 12 Hours before so I'll be making an effort to this year.

Galahad said:
...nothing like you Bro. :o
Thankfully the lounge is finished so I actually have time to watch some TV and stuff now.

Still got the rest of the apartment to do but that will be a breeze compared to this room.

Thanks for the links, it looks like an interesting event.
Just like a mini Le Mans.

For some reason, I posted this elsewhere with last weekend's dates, but anyway - reposted here

For those that like the rough'n'tumble action of NASCAR's American tin-tops, and are annoyed that Sky are no longer showing the races live, you can still catch the races live on 'Open Access 3', channel 190 on Sky. This weekend's race is on Sunday 4pm GMT, the Food City 500 from Bristol.

As predicted, Sebring was a Peugeot benefit, but it did have its dramatic moments...

and elsewhere in the GT2 battle, the two favourites took each other out...

Nice work fellas! LOL

A fairly dramatic fire there.
I can't believe the safety truck just drove across the track, even if there was a full caution :o

Oh dear on that pitstop.
That calls for one of these
facepalm.gif

Back
Top Bottom