MotoGP MotoGP 2012 Season Race Discussion

It's not broadcast on Eurosport here geth, they prefer tennis apparently. They even decided it would be a great idea to broadcast the same match live on both Eurosport and Eurosport 2...
It is broadcast on the BBC right? All of our tv guides have a vague description of "motorsports" live at 13:30 on BBC2, so 12:30 for you guys.

The support races are on the BBC red button on the morning of the race, if you get the red button in the land of orange.

Moto2 and Moto3 gave great racing today, with a particularly nasty accident for Pol Espargaro being a bit of a frightener. MotoGP not brilliant but even so, the Eurosport coverage of all three was brilliant as usual.

Yeah, great ride from Crutchlow and a great win for Lorenzo. Entertaining Moto2 and Moto3 races shown on the fantastic Eurosport too.

I kept being under the impression we were Saturday yesterday and I bloody well missed the race....

Don't bloody well forget that as this weekend's race is at Assen, it's on bloody Saturday ;)

• Friday 29 June: Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP qualifying live online and on BBC Red Button 11:50 BST - 15:05 BST
  • Saturday 30 June:Live coverage of Moto2 and Moto3 races online and on BBC Red Button 09:50 BST - 12:05 BST; MotoGP race live online and on BBC Red Button 12:30 BST - 14:00 BST
  • Sunday 1 July: MotoGP race repeated on BBC2, BBC HD 12:30 BST - 14:00 BST

Don't bloody well forget that as this weekend's race is at Assen, it's on bloody Saturday ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll bloody well miss that too!! Grrr!!! >:( It's my better half's birthday and she's organised a lunch trip to York...Incidentally I got her a Penelope Pitstop outfit. £30 from ebay. (this last comment cannot be said to be off-topic, since one of them in Wacky races rides a bike, I think)

Practise is on Eurosport2 right now if you are that way inclined.

mjo - Not all were cars ;)

ArmySurplusSpecialAni.gif

Moto3 is fast becoming the "must watch" class of the three MGP's. I've been watching Maverick Vinales from the moment he burst onto the scene. One of the most mature young racers I've ever seen and today's race saw him tough it out and with one of the hardest fighters and most experience in the class, Sandro Cortese. This was in spite of being pushed wide off of the clean stuff more times than I could count and with fast but inexperienced chaps squiffing up the leading group. Great stuff.

Edit: ... and a pretty exciting Moto2 race. A great win by Marc Marquez - another of my favourite racers.

Good result for Scott Reading but he needs to polish up his race craft. Potentially he was quick enough for 2nd and maybe even the win if he had tailed Marquez for a while instead of beating up his tyres. He was fortunate that the guys he was battling with at the end had beaten up their own tyres fighting their way through the field to get up there with him. At least he's got the balls for the game so he's nearly there in the race craft stakes.

Negatives: - a shame about the amateurish work by the TV director who seemed more interested in people in pit lane, grandstands and running too many replays in the middle of the action. When oh when is someone going to educate these people that we want to see the racing not people hanging out pit boards, crying in the gravel trap, walking about or watching what we want to watch.

Roll on the big boys.

Back
Top Bottom