MotoGP MotoGP 2012 Season Race Discussion

MOTO GP awards for 2012 were good last night. Watched via YT and the standing ovation that Casey Stoner got was awesome :).

I will miss Casey so much next season, I always liked his attitude :(.

racecub you can also follow the link on the BBC complaints site to OFCOM & lodge a complaint there. I was so annoyed that's what I did, the more complaints they get the more they'll have to consider them.
I'd like to have seen the 2012 awards - anyone know if it's on the net?

So I've finally had a reply from the BBC about cutting short the Moto2 race.
Here it is:
"Thank you very much for getting in touch about the BBC Red Button ‘MotoGP’ coverage on 11 November.

We’re very sorry to learn that your enjoyment of the Moto2 event was spoiled.

Cutting off the end of the race was clearly not in the best interest of viewers, but this was the unfortunate result of circumstances we faced on the day.

The incident occurred due to an unexpected overrun of the race creating a clash with our on-going commitment to extend the coverage of Remembrance Sunday at The Cenotaph.

Some viewers have pointed out that the junction with trails between the two programmes was unnecessary, and taking this feedback on board in future we will avoid inserting junctions when time is limited. Having said that, even removing the junction in this case still would not have created enough time to accommodate the Moto2 overrun.

We appreciate that you may not have been interested in the Remembrance coverage on this occasion, but other viewers were and expected the BBC to fully cover this solemn moment of national reflection.

That said, it was of course very unfortunate that we had to cut short the MotoGP broadcast as a result.

Our aim is to ensure that we create a rich mix of BBC Red Button output within the limited amount of airtime available, but the reality is that there will always be many different events and programmes competing for airtime thus we have difficult decisions to make.

We recognise your unhappiness and that you felt that we made the wrong decision here - we take your point on board therefore we will do everything we can to avoid interrupting live MotoGP coverage in future.

Thank you again for getting in touch, and in closing please allow us once again to apologise for the annoyance caused as a result of Sunday’s coverage.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided."

Please excuse my language but...
Two things in particular that piss me off.
1. you can't send a reply back without going through their long-winded system (BBC employees reading please note)
2. I resent the implication that I'm an ungrateful sod wanting to deny people Remembrance Sunday. Both of my Grandfathers fought in the wars and didn't come out unscathed (or even alive in one case), I remember all the soldiers with due reverence & I saw no reason why the remembrance coverage couldn't have been continued on BBC2 instead of Flog It & the Moto2 left on red button. Given the choice my grandad who loved his bikes would have much preferred the last 3 laps of the season of Moto2 than some Flog It repeat.
I don't appreciate the emotional blackmail from a corporation who don't seem to have a clue on sceduling.
My sum of contacting the BBC :givemestrength:
Sorry for the rant but I feel a lot better now...

It seems to have escaped their own attention that they have systematically downgraded coverage of premier motorsport events to the fee paying public! Smart. This season has been insult upon insult from the BBC programme masters and I agree entirely that the email response to Dizzi is yet another example of their arrogance and utter disregard for the public.service that they are meant to provide.

Whether by accident or by design the BBC is in self-destruct mode and it would be no surprise to find a puppet master in the background bent on the destruction of Britains public services. That may make a lot of people happy but it would be wise to remember the old adage "you don't know what you've got until it's gone".

R.I.P. Aunty Beeb. **** you.

I think you're absolutely right Fenderman, my family has suspected someone is trying to systematically weaken the BBC for a few years now, they could be so good if they ditched the rubbish (flog it) and had a dedicated minority sport channel.
The BBC Trust is seeking peoples opinions on the red button/website services - I'm not sure they're quiet ready for my opinion yet!! They're going to get it anyway. Perhaps if enough people voiced their opinion they may take notice, pretty unlikely but who knows.
Thanks for your support, I'm relieved I'm not the only one who thinks the current BBC management couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery.

Well finally I got a reply to my second complaint to the BBC (in a nutshell why do they think Flog It is more important than Remembrance Sunday or live sport). It doesn't answer the question I asked but at least they've managed an apology without insulting me this time & which doesn't seem generic.
For anyone who is interested here it is
"Thanks for getting back in touch with the BBC. We're very sorry to learn that you were so unhappy with our earlier reply. In order to use our licence fee revenue sensibly to achieve the very best value for money, our department does have to make use of some standardised responses where a number of viewers have contacted us on a particular issue with similar themes. We apologise if our earlier reply didn't fully address the specific points you had made, but we endeavoured to explain various aspects of the issue at hand.

The Cenotaph coverage overlapped slightly, but this is common where coverage is being transferred from one service to another and allows a period of transition. Here, the Red Button went on to provide further coverage of the event.

The problem here was purely down to our scheduling and we acknowledge and apologise for that, and we hope to do better in the future to avoid this sort of situation where we have committed to two different events and there is the potential for this sort of problem. We should have handled it differently and better on the day and we're sorry that we didn't as it clearly caused huge annoyance and frustration.

The reality is that some viewers who contacted us stated that they had no desire to see Cenotaph coverage thus our response simply endeavoured to acknowledge that view amongst some sections of the audience - we weren't suggesting that you personally have no interest in the Remembrance coverage or didn't wish to mark the important event itself, but we were simply trying to make the point that clearly you would have preferred on this channel at this time to have remained with the MotoGP, and for your annoyance and disappointment we do offer our apologies once again.

We hope you will feel able to join us again for future MotoGP coverage where you will see that lessons have been learned and this sort of issue is avoided.

We’re grateful to you for taking the time to raise your concerns with us and we’d like to assure you that we value your feedback highly. The comments we receive from our audience help to inform decisions regarding future programming and go towards improving our services.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Shona McCullough
BBC Complaint"

So folks you heard it from the BBC themselves - lessons have been learned.
Let's see next year if they can keep their word.

Can't wait to see the 2013 season, let's hope Rossi can take the fight to Lorenzo & having 4 British guys riding should bring a podium or two :yes:

Well done them.
I look forward to Rossi showing that whinging, whining, snively little piece of shite that there is one GOAT, and that is Valentino Rossi.

Here's how advertising an energy drink works, it may be empty, but you don't have your water out of a water bottle, you pour the water into the sponsors bottle

Back
Top Bottom