Mosely believes Ferrari would fail under a budget cap

fat jez

Race Winner
Valued Member
Mosely is chucking his tuppence worth in again, this time stating he believes that Ferrari would not be able to run a successful team under a budget cap. I'm not sure I entirely agree with that sentiment, but with the largest budget on the grid, they do have a certain luxury of being able to throw money at a problem.

Source: ESPN F1

fat_jez said:
Mosely is chucking his tuppence worth in again, this time stating he believes that Ferrari would not be able to run a successful team under a budget cap. I'm not sure I entirely agree with that sentiment, but with the largest budget on the grid, they do have a certain luxury of being able to throw money at a problem.

Source: ESPN F1

Yea.. I would say that the possibility of failing would be a lot higher for Ferrari if the budget was the same with other teams. I also think they have some experience on F1 as a team, so I think Max is a bit off the line once again.

Maybe Ferrari would fail under a budget cap.

Maybe in trying to get a budget cap agreed by Ferrari, it may be a tactical mistake to remind them of this!

Come on Max, tell me you're not going to Ferrari saying:

I think you should agree to a budget cap
Why Max?
Because if you do, you will fail in F1
Don't call us, we'll call you

Jackass!

Let's be honest, it's simplistic in the extreme to believe that Ferrari would not be able to adapt to a reduction in their budget. The best want to serve at the top, and the world over sees Ferrari as a world leader. Therefore, even with budget restrictions they would get the best, in time.

I agree.

They may find the transition difficult to manage going from an unlimited budget to say £50 million but within a year or 2 they will have adapted and be as competitive as the other front runners.

He may be right - after all, I'm sure all the Italians do is drink espressos and eat pasta dishes instead of solving pneumatic valve leaks and removing fuel rigs properly - but I don't half wish he would piss off.

Back
Top Bottom