Microstate F1

What DO they teach i geog and hist nowadays?
"think of it as Singapore" indeed.

If you type in Hong Kong there's a vast amount of contrasting information on who owns or whether if it's independent or not. I had a feeling it was independent, what do you know...it was :)

Another note...my geography teacher looked like a spitting image of Mr.Burns from The Simpsons, I never managed to pluck up the courage to make him say "excellent" :disappointed:

Hong Kong is a quasi-independent part of the Chinese Peoples Republic. Essentially, it is politically tied to China but is able to set its own laws and is significantly more capitalist than China.

The reason for this, and the similar status of Macau, is so CPR can attempt to entice the Republic of China (Taiwan/Chinese Taipei) government to surrender its independent status, with promises of semi-freedom. Obviously the ROC is not falling for this, but Hong Kong's curious status remains.

A good effort by this pupil, succinctly incorporating the key points of the topic. The avoidance of possessive apostrophe use with the word it shows not only a mastery of geopolitics but also competent use of English, a skill which will serve well next term.
I look forward to further discussion of TBY's GCSE choices at Parents' Evening when we should also talk through his tardiness when arriving at lessons after morning break and the faint aroma of tobacco which also seems to follow.
B+

Back
Top Bottom