First Entered 2010
Races Entered 19
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 0
Fastest Laps 0
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Team History

The Mercedes team history splits into two parts. In 1954 the famous pre-war Silver Arrows entered the F1 world championship and recorded a 1-2 at their first race. Fangio went on to win the drivers championship that year and again in 1955. Mercedes withdrew at the end of the 1955 season after the accident which killed 80 spectators at Le Mans which involved one of their cars.

The current team entered F1 in 2010 after Mercedes bought Brawn Grand Prix. Brawn Grand Prix, winners of the Drivers Championship, with Jenson Button, and the constructor’s championship in 2009, grew out of the ashes of Honda’s F1 entry after Honda had withdrawn from F1 at the end of the 2008 season after only a single Grand Prix win for Button in Hungary 2006.

Prior to the Honda takeover in 2006 the team had raced under the name of British America racing which had acquired the assets and race entry of the Tyrrell F1 team in 1999. BAR competed in 118 races without a single victory. The high points for the team were 2 pole positions (both for Button – San Marino 2004 and Canada 2005) and 2nd in the constructors championship in 2004.

Tyrrell were amongst the most successful private F1 teams taking part in 463 Grands Prix, scoring 33 victories and 3 Drivers Championships, all with Jackie Stewart.

Having replaced Button and Barrichello with Nico Rosberg and 7 times WDC Michael Schumacher many expected great things of the new Mercedes team in 2010 but they had an indifferent season.

Rosberg managed 3 podiums for the team but Schumacher, coming back from retirement, struggled with the new cars, tyres and limited testing under the revised regulations. The team finished 4th in the Constructors Championship.

For 2011 Mercedes retain the same driver line up and are hoping for better things from their MGP W02 chassis.

The quote 'He tried to use all the weapons he had' implies more than just on-track behaviour. One things for sure, Rosberg's autobiography will be much more interesting than Hamilton's, imo.

Is there still bitterness at Mercedes that Rosberg walked away after signing a 3 year contract ??

Rosberg has said he does not miss F1 and he does not need to return with Ferrari if they offer him mega money because he has nothing to prove

I can only respect Nico for sticking with his beliefs. Like his father before him; he achieved his aim and is happy to walk away and do something else. There would be a lot more happy people out there if we all had the same approach to life.

The Nico comeback is only a few years away.....

Toto: It's great to have Nico back in the team. He was always such a pleasure to work with and a real team player.

Press: What about all that stuff you said after he left?

Toto: Listen - if you guys haven't figured out by now that every quote I give you is not my actual opinion and just something I'm saying in a PR style as a means to an end then I can't help you.

Last edited:
Press: What about all that stuff you said after he left?
Toto: Listen - if you guys haven't figured out by now that every quote I give you is not my actual opinion and just something I'm saying in a PR style as a means to an end then I can't help you.

Cool.
He does not say that his words were distorted.
Is it mean:
"Don't believe everything what I say in an interviews. This is just PR"
?:)
This kind of clowning from the official representative of the team.
No surprise, then, that around the team regularly have some scandals.
I hope that it is not one of reasons for a bad race weekends.

Last edited:
I think olegg that you may have misunderstood this. It is not truth but satire.
TotoWolffNicoRosberg%20(2)-750x456.jpg

With the look in those eyes I think we all know what Toto thinks of Nico :)
I want to see what Nico's wife thinks of Toto though...

I'm not a Toto Wolff fan but hearing him tell Ted Kravitz to basically go eff himself today made me cheer. Ted was trying to get him to blame an individual for not fitting the head rest right. What a Penis.

Last edited:
Yep, I liked Ted until some ago. Funnily, since he met Lenny. Perhaps he now thinks he's some kind of rock star.
I think he's a cock.

I think he's decided he is some sort of Jeremy Paxman style journalist busting stories wide open and it's just annoying. Stick to telling me technical bits and making me laugh by reporting completely wrong news from the pit lane please Ted.

Back
Top Bottom