Liberty Media buy F1

Screenshot_20180406-102821.jpg

$150m is about £107m (5.1m a race) which i like because ive said before that a budget of around Force India Budget Is enough. Because look at how great their car was in 2015 16 & 17 despite spend so little compared to rivals they were beating

Ish... too early to tell. Liberty have yet to challenge the teams and in particular, Ferrari.

All that's gone on so far has nibbled around the edges. Going with the aero tweak for 2019 has been encouraging though.

What have they done so far? The races now start 10 minutes after the hour so that TV advertisers can have a good pre-race bonanza.

They have talked about.....well not much apart from less free practice time, cut out Friday, will go with the Sky contracy until it runs out....will get the teams to spend less money.....have all the teams with equal performance, does that mean a common chassis and a common engine?.....

Far too soon to call.

They haven’t done anything stupid, and Ross is still in his post. if he approves then so should we.

Yes if Ross Brawn famous for finding loop holes in rules in order to benefit himself and selling out for personal gain is on board it must be going well.

Sigh. So you’d rather have Bernie?

Its a bit like being asked if you'd like to be punched in the nuts or in the face, where neither is not an option.

Liberty, doing nothing insanely (Bernie-ish) stupid, while being no bad thing, is still no sign of the things yet to come.

If I am sat in a cage with a lion it doesn't mean the lion is tame because it hasn't ripped my face off yet, it maybe the lion's not yet hungry.

What? Ross Brawn has never been involved with a spectacularly shady one-car team with secret modes that were never used, nor has he worked for a team with a veto on the rules, nor has he thoroughly exploited a loophole in a rule he was consulted about.

Still more moral than Ecclestone, though!

The paddock has already expressed their general acceptance of the new regime. There have been overtures of positivity about Liberty’s new style from all within the F1 circus. What more do you want at this early stage?

Huge reductions in ticket prices? Free to air TV? Instantly better racing?

Gimme a break I think some of you have had too much poached neg.

I'd like races to go back to being on the hour, and the hour change is not the best idea in a World Cup year but apart from that, can't really complain about much

You can't complain about much because they've not done much. It's all been window dressing so far. Mainly because there hands are bound by Bernie contracts.

I do not have a problem with Liberty Media but I do have issues with Ross Brawn being transformed into some sort of deity who is going to save us all considering his history. To be honest the similarities between Brawn and Ecclestone when he came in to 'save the sport' are scary.

Its a bit like being asked if you'd like to be punched in the nuts or in the face, where neither is not an option.

Jack whateverhisnameis who does the F1 commentary on 5Live came with a stunner the other day "Would you rather be a dog with a cats head or a cat with a dogs head?". Poor old Jolyon Palmer didn't have a clue how to respond to that.

I don't like the extra hour and ten minutes wait for the race but it's not the end of the world. They're talking about shorter races as younger fans don't like the longer races, they get bored and lose interest. They're also talking about a lot more races too, and protentially getting rid of FP3 on the Saturday morning or so I read.

For me, they should sort out the quality of the racing we do have before they start adding more races in. Quality rather than quantity! As for shorter races, what is the point of hauling all that stuff and all those people round the world for less racing? It makes no sense to me.

I'm a broken record...

IT'S THE CARS!!!

If you have close wheel to wheel racing people will watch it for 3, 4, 5 , 6 hours and more.
We don't watch because it's like watching paint dry most of the time these days.

And kids have lots of patience and long attention spans.
My daughter will play the same game on her X-box most of the day; or watch a whole box set on Netflix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom