Lewis in private talks with Christian Horner

Who will Lewis be driving for in 2013

• Total voters

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
It has emerged that Lewis had a 15 minute private closed doors talk with Red Bulls Christian Horner on Saturday night.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92327

With Lewis out of his McLaren contract at the end of 2012 is he looking now at making a switch to Redbull? It is obvious he wants a winning car. If McLaren can't give it to him and Ferrari is a closed door due to a certain Spaniard with a very long contract, the Red bull is the best option. But will his loyalties keep him in McLaren.

If Webber renews for 1 year only then it leaves Lewis with a clear and easy switch to Red Bull at the end of next year. Just think of that Vettel and Hamilton in the same team.

I think it's more a matter of when, not if.

Can't say I blame him really - the Red Bull is the complete package at the moment, but of course it's all change for 2013.
Possibly even sooner, depending on how the EBD ban will affect the teams.

I would like to see him at Red Bull with Vettel, but I do think he'll be up against it as Vettel is the team No.1 and the car is undoubtedly being designed around him.

Long gone are the days when Hamilton said he would like to drive for McLaren for his whole career.

I think I've made my feelings on this very clear and if you think you see Lewis Hamilton on a lot of billboards now you wait until he's in that Red Bull uniform.

Personally I think it will backfire on him because I feel Vettel is quicker than Lewis thinks he is. I'm sure the move will make him the richest and most famous F1 driver(as well as Simon Fuller a lot of money) but I'm not sure that is what Lewis wants. But then again I coudl be wrong. No one gave Senna much of a chance against Prost in 88.

Interestingly I wonder if eventually we may see the Hamilton name on an actual car. I sure Anthony Hamilton would fancy the idea of running his own team and I'm sure Lewis and his management would enjoy the prospect of having complete control.

I've gone for the "other" option because I'm pretty sure that he won't be in a Mclaren in 2013 but I'm not sure where he's going to end up. My thoughts are that Vettel will try and block any move to Red Bull and you couldn't really blame him. I think it's more likely that Hamilton will replace Schumacher at Mercedes. There has already been working links between Hamilton and the company (young driver programme etc) and Hamilton would find it a lot easier sharing a team with Nico Rosberg (that's if he's still there in 2013 because I could very well see him going the other way and taking the vacant spot of Mclaren).

Fully accept that Hamilton's talent will be sought after if he decides to move on, even if he has always denied any intention to do so ..... if memory serves me right!

Not picked a vote because, right now, I can't believe that any team would be wanting to have him on board.

He's turning into F1's answer to Joey Barton..... mind you, that loose cannon seems to find gainful alternative employment on a regular basis

I personally think he'll stay at McLaren. With the new regs, he would be silly not to. I do not think Red Bull will keep the accendancy until the end of the year, let alone next year and I very much doubt in 2013.

Lewis is using these talks as leverage to get his way at McLaren and give them a bit of a kickstart with 2013 development..

I would assume that he thinks he can't win another WDC with Mclaren, so no surprise he is looking elsewhere, as he thinks that he should have won another WDC by now, or at least a constructors championship with Mclaren. What is it, 12 years since a WCC?

I think that Mercedes Petronas is a possibility or even the Renault with Kubica sounds interesting......though secretly I think he will end up at Ferrari.:wave:

Can't say I blame him really - the Red Bull is the complete package at the moment, but of course it's all change for 2013.

I would like to see him at Red Bull with Vettel, but I do think he'll be up against it as Vettel is the team No.1 and the car is undoubtedly being designed around him.

Interesting but can't see it happen, unless he knows how to wedge out another Multi World Champion.

With Lewis out of his McLaren contract at the end of 2012 is he looking now at making a switch to Redbull? It is obvious he wants a winning car. If McLaren can't give it to him and Ferrari is a closed door due to a certain Spaniard with a very long contract, the Red bull is the best option. But will his loyalties keep him in McLaren.

Very subtle and condecending don't you think. "certain Spaniard" seems to be a little bit of a jibe at Nando.

Okay I know I have my fair share of animosity towards Lewis but really he is a specific kind of racer, his strength is his biggest weakness, that said perhaps a move is actually a good thing, new team, new surroundings and new challenges.

Potential wise Renault and Mercedes are probably the most interesting sides as they can improve a lot still, at RBR or Ferrari, one is peaking and the other just needs an overhaul but the challenge is not there to take a team to new heights.

On second thought I don't know if it is Lewis or McLaren that I don't like, maybe a move will be like turning over a new leaf.

I think it would be very risky for him to leave McLaren before 2013 with the new engines etc. McLaren haven't produced the quickest car for a few years now but they are still one of the slickest operations in F1 and very well placed to take advantage of the rule change. Also, what happens if/when Adrian Newey leaves Red Bull?

I can't see why he would even consider moving to Mercedes or Renault currently unless he had no other choice because that would be a step down. McLaren would also be stupid to consider getting rid of him because he is one of the best talents in F1 and must also be worth a lot to sponsors etc.

If I was in his shoes I would be staying put for 2013 at least, but I can see why he would be tempted by a move to Red Bull, especially if it was his only chance. My vote goes to McLaren.

Maybe they were talking about things non racing related, I don't know,...maybe golfing handicaps, saturday brunch, the missus but everything has to be political or administrative. Maybe he was just giving advice, Lewis probably feels the world closing around him, maybe Christian is giving him a lift me up.

his strength is his biggest weakness

His speed is a blessing and a curse indeed.

I say he'll still be with McLaren. Lewis will collect a couple more wins this year, and things will be fine.

He probably wants into next years Red Bull, if that could actually happen, there's nothing more I'd rather see than Seb and Lewis on equal footing.

I'm not sure it would be equal footing exactly.
Vettel is the No.1 at Red Bull, just as much as Alonso is at Ferrari, and I can't see that changing, no matter who the other driver is.

I honestly don't know - I'm leaning towards the same thoughts as RickD though: perhaps Lewis is trying to deliver a KUTA to McLaren to give him a more competitive steed.:spank:

Were he to move on though, I can definitely see Jenson consolidating his position at Woking for the rest of his career, similar to Hakkinen. :ok:

lewis wont leave.he'll get good results in valencia then silverstone which will focus his mind again.he's got the bad races out of the way now.he normally has a few a season,then ppl start talking about him leaving f1 or moving to a different team.he'll still be at mclaren in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom