Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

You know RasputinLives I really think you should seek some help with this marzipan thing.

I used to do it as a kid and my Dad said that I wasn't allowed to eat it like that and therefore I was banned from battenberg. Officially the ban has not been lifted. Just makes me do it more like that because I know it's forbidden.

RasputinLives surely the ban would have expired by now?

Further, an open ended Battenberg ban would surely constitute a cruel and or unusual punishment and therefore be prohibited under human rights legislation?

I suggest we hold a clip the apex judicial review into Battenberggate with a view to offering a binding ruling on future consumption.

1612890082974.png

During the Battenburg review it has to be established if a chocolate/ exotic fruit/ or other spiced or flavoured Battenburg actually constitutes a true Battenburg.

Do top sports people actually notice when they are at risk from their younger competitors? their whole lives they are trained not to accept they are not the best, some one needs to tell them, most ill not believe it. Hamilton should never have driven when he hadn't recovered from the effects of Covid but the ego said he was still on it.
That is what separates the greats from the very good or those that did not fulfil .. take Tennis the Big 4 still beat guys 10 years youmger than them because they want it more and train harder and intelligently. You have to have that winning mentality otherwise why risk it if you are not giving 100%
People have to accept their time at the top will end at some point I mean M Schumacher could see his era was closing and he retired in 2006 ..( or he could not face losing to Kimi in the same team).... he should not have come back as hindsight showed

Off course they are those who can extend their sell by date likr Kimi, Berger , Trulli to get theit last pay check .. why not if people are gullible enough to pay you to do a job even Mansell tried to do that and failed badly in 1995

Hamilton willkeep driving as long as he wants to win and believes so.. its almost like Valentino Rossi in Moto Gp. He has earnt the right to call time on his career .. off coursw if his form dipped like Hakkinen did in 2001 then its obvious he should stop

RasputinLives surely the ban would have expired by now?

Further, an open ended Battenberg ban would surely constitute a cruel and or unusual punishment and therefore be prohibited under human rights legislation?

I suggest we hold a clip the apex judicial review into Battenberggate with a view to offering a binding ruling on future consumption.

I was also banned from watching the A-Team after an incident where I threw a metal helicopter down the stairs and it hit my older brother on the head. As far as I know this ban has never been lifted either. Can the judicial review look into that too?

I would argue the ban only applies to the mid 80's series as shown on TV.

The big screen version would fall outside the scope of the ban.

To that end, obtain a copy of the film from your preferred provider / streaming service. Watch and enjoy. If your Dad stops you from watching it at any point during the screening then assume your still on a ban.

If you get through the whole film without parental intervention then you can cite "custom and practice" and state that the ban no longer applies since you were not prevented from watching the film and therefore were able to apply the same logic to the series.

The only slight drawback is that the film is laughably shite so getting through it is a challenge in itself.

LOL

Does the A team boss still get a self destructive tape to listen to ? Or have they upgraded to self destructive iPads ?should that be destructing ?

Last edited:
Hamilton achieved his 100th F1 win today.

Regardless what you think of the guy, or his appalling dress sense ;), that's a remarkable achievement and one unlikely to be beaten soon, if at all.
Except, maybe by the guy who already has 17 wins at the same age Hamilton was when he got his first….

It’s a hell of an achievement by Lewis. It’s crazy to think that when Schumacher retired the first time we’d be talking about another driver, not only matching, but surpassing his win total within 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom