Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Il_leone,

BTW, on one thread you seem to be claiming that Ferrari have been cheating to achieve parity with M-B, yet here you seem to be claiming that Mercedes is not the superior car. How are the two assertions compatible?

Its only a theory based on what Verstappen suggested after the US GP why Ferrari are slow and off the pace when up to now they have been the quickest car. I was more pointing to the fact that if Ferrari were caught cheating I 'd doubt they would be thrown out of the championship and fined $100m like Mclaren were. I never said they were deliberately cheating to be at the front since the summer. It seems Verstappen's words have got Ferrari riled and vehemently defending themselves. I presume their car has been scrutineered to pass the regulations

You are now admitting Ferrari are inferior.. certainly the first 5 races of the season they should have won all of them but they kept screwing things up which the majority of people who have watched the whole season would agree.

Bottas should not be 2nd in the championship ..it should be one of the Ferrari drivers and in my opinion based on performance that should be Leclerc - the number of times Ferrari have screwed him over this season

Last edited:
The last sentence from Palmer's column sums up Hamilton

"If Hamilton is going to have a serious rival next year, someone is going to have to up their game, because the truth is, whatever the car, there is nobody out there at the moment at his level."

He is a class above the rest this season

Amazing finish of season for Lewis:
- 88th pole (Michael Schumacher - 68)
- 145th first row start (Michael Schumacher - 116)
- 84th win (Michael Schumacher - 91)
- 151th podium (Michael Schumacher - 155)
- 50th double (Michael Schumacher - 40)
- 15th hat-tricks (Michael Schumacher - 22)
- 6th (Michael Schumacher - 5)

If 2020 carries on from the previous 6 seasons,some of the records that looked untouchable by Michael Schumacher will no doubt be beaten by Lewis Hamilton. Who would have thought that when he left McLaren at the end of 2012.

If 2020 carries on from the previous 6 seasons,some of the records that looked untouchable by Michael Schumacher will no doubt be beaten by Lewis Hamilton. Who would have thought that when he left McLaren at the end of 2012.

Yes... before start of season 2013 many said that this team change is big fault

I think that his return to McLaren in 2021
if Mercedes will be out from F1
is more real than variant with Ferrari.
Especially since McLaren returns to Mercedes engines.
I. e the configuration is the same as it was from 2007 to 2012

anyone for that matter. when schumacher got 7. it look so far away its like now expecting leclerc or verstappen to get 7. id almost call it all but impossible. the fact we having a chat shows the quality job he has done

What about the Ferrari drive for 2021 we keep hearing about now?

I think that his return to McLaren in 2021
if Mercedes will be out from F1
is more real than variant with Ferrari.
Especially since McLaren returns to Mercedes engines.
I. e the configuration is the same as it was from 2007 to 2012

i dont see McLaren. unless red bull get desperate & re sign sainz. sainz & lando seems set for yrs

you dont have convince me ive had a feeling for Lewis to go to Ferrari for a year. i think the timing is right if he equals Schumacher in 2020. its like england manager job very rarely does it get turned down & i feel there would be a regret if he hadnt raced for tifosi. this is just me but in f1 there are 3 races above all you want to achieve. home race monaco & monza in a ferrari

i dont see McLaren. unless red bull get desperate & re sign sainz. sainz & lando seems set for yrs

you dont have convince me ive had a feeling for Lewis to go to Ferrari for a year. i think the timing is right if he equals Schumacher in 2020. its like england manager job very rarely does it get turned down & i feel there would be a regret if he hadnt raced for tifosi. this is just me but in f1 there are 3 races above all you want to achieve. home race monaco & monza in a ferrari

I will only Express my personal opinion:
taking into account the entire background of the relationship,
I would be very disappointed if Lewis agreed to a contract at Ferrari.

For example, my perception of Ron Dennis changed a lot
after McLaren re-signed Alonso, despite everything that happened in 2007.

Although I understand that it would be interesting to see Hamilton struggling
with a competitive teammate in Ferrari.

I had a Twitter conversation with someone today.

They maintained that Lewis Hamilton had only ever won a championship with a Finnish teammate.

I pointed out that Nico Rosberg is German.

I had a Twitter conversation with someone today.

They maintained that Lewis Hamilton had only ever won a championship with a Finnish teammate.

Well Nico did race under the Finnish flag when he was younger and his Dad is Finnish

I pointed out that Nico Rosberg is German.

Back
Top Bottom