Last race, last lap, last corner

Talk about nail biting. It could so have gone the other way this season though, both drivers have had terrible luck - Massa with reliability and Lewis with steward's decisions. I feel for Massa, but I'm glad Lewis clinched it. Just dying to know what happened to Glock that caused him to slow down so dramatically on the last lap!

According to someone on 606 Trulli's last lap was a 1:44, so evidently the Toyotas lost a lot of grip on that last lap as the rain intensfied. Unbelievable circumstances to win/lose a world championship in, unprecedented really.

I do feel McLaren deserved something, after so many near-misses in recent years. But Massa would have been a deserving champion too, and conducted himself very admirably today (after another stunning drive).

What a fantastic season, overall. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Same here GM.
It had some highs and lows, a few incidents and quite a bit of controversy.

Lots of race winners this season so it made it a bit harder for the main contenders to pull out a big lead.

All in all though very enjoyable.

Both Toyotas were on the Dry Grooves still, I've got the telemetry on my screen right now, Glock lost the most time in the last sector though by far.

What a climax though! Congratulations to Hamilton. Bad luck to Massa for his engine and team unreliability in the past. Also well done to Alonso, the forgotten man, but who has out driven his car and superior cars on many occasions.

What about the Wonderful Schnell Vettel, out performing the Mclarens at just 20-21 years old, put him in a Ferrari next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he romps away to the championship.

BTW this is my first post as the BBC forums are full of garbage right now and I can't wait for them to calm down, hello all! :) :victory:

GordonMurray said:
Unbelievable circumstances to win/lose a world championship in, unprecedented really.

1976 would be the nearest thing I suppose, although not quite the same.

It did rather look as if Glock pulled over, let Vettel and Hammy through, and then speeded up again. I'm not suggesting that he did do that, but there will be conspiracy theorists...

For the record, the only cars still on dry tyres on the final lap were the two Toyotas. The final lap times were:

Glock 1:44.731
Trulli 1:44.800

"1976 would be the nearest thing I suppose, although not quite the same. "

True Bob, though just having checked James moved up to third on the penultimate lap, not the last one! Of course, he didn't know that at the time... :D

Hmm... I've just been over to the other place (didn't post anything though) and the conspiracy theorists are going nuts with the "Timo pulled over" stuff. Only outweighed by smug ungracious Lewis-lovers saying "ha ha".

Well unless Trulli also slowed down to match Glock's time exactly I would hope that most people can just see it was tyre related rather than any elaborate plot or payoff.

Overall both Toyotas were slowest, in the final sector Glock was two and a half seconds slower than Trulli, which will make people think it's a bit dodgy, although Glock was still five and half seconds behind Hamilton by the finish line.

In the end you have to conclude that the rain just got a bit much for them, I can't help but feel gutted for Massa though, thinking he'd won it, poor chap. :disappointed:

I'm not going to be able to settle down and absorb the events for a few days I think! :o

Bring on next season! :popcorn:

What a totally unbelievable race! There are ofcourse the conspiracy theorists having a field day, but Glock slowing was surely down to his dry weather tyres in the wet. That Trulli also suffered bears this out. wasn't it at Spa that 30secs were lost by some on the last lap?

Well done Lewis :1st: and well one McLaren for some very tricky decisions. :cheer:

I do feel for Massa though. He must be gutted. To win, and then be told you've lost..

No doubt that Massa & Ferrari will be back next year and, coupled with all the changes, it promises to be another exciting season. Bring it on...

GordonMurray said:
I do feel McLaren deserved something, after so many near-misses in recent years. But Massa would have been a deserving champion too, and conducted himself very admirably today (after another stunning drive).

What a fantastic season, overall. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ditto, well said GM. Hopefully there will be less questionable steward's input next season.

Can I be smug and gloat?

No?

I think Massa was let down by the Ferrari team this year, reliability, dodgy pit lights etc etc

But it isn't over till the slightly obese woman starts warbling .

34i1bnp.gif

What's interesting is that if Lewis hadn't passed Timo and finished 6th, Lewis and Felipe would have been equal on points but Felipe would have been WDC on countback due to an extra "win" at Spa.

I dread to think of the uproar that would have caused...

Back
Top Bottom