Kubica set to leave hospital.

sportsman

Sidecar racers have the biggest cojones
Contributor
Good news.

Robert Kubica is set to leave hospital within the next 10 days to begin the next phase of the rehabilitation process that he hopes will get him back into Formula 1.
The Pole has been at the Santa Corona hospital in Italy since the rally crash in February that left him with serious arm and leg injuries.
Speaking to the official Renault F1 website on Thursday, Kubica said that he intends to return home to Monaco soon - before moving to the Formula Medicine clinic in Italy to continue his recovery.
"I am starting to feel a lot better now. My recovery is moving in the right direction: my strength and weight are increasing day on day and as a result I will leave the Santa Corona hospital very soon," he said. "I don't have a precise date as yet but I hope to be able to leave within the next 10 days.
"The mobility of my hand is limited but this is pretty normal in this kind of situation, because the connected arm muscles are still very weak due to the long period of immobility. Things are definitely improving day by day."
Read more on link

Reading between the lines he obviously still has a long way to go before he is fully fit, but this is of course great news.

There's no doubt we won't be seeing him this year so it just remains to be seen whether he makes it back in 2012.
Sadly I suspect not.

studsmatta.gif
greenstars.gif

Best news of the year so far.

Good news after an horrific accident and I wish him a speedy recovery but I have to agree with Brogan, I doubt we;ll see him back

Read somewhere yesterday that Kubica is making a good recovery and he may well take part in a couple of Friday practice sessions come the end of the season. If this is true then i can't wait to see him back in F1.

Ouch. The scarring on his arm is horrendous. I'm not sure but I think it's fair to say that his arm is relatively unsupported though, which is probbably a good sign? He's got a pad on his elbow and forearm but most of it is exposed.

I can't see him being back this season even for practice sessions, that arm still looks like it has a long way to go.
Really hope he is back for 2012 but who knows what he will decide.

I reckon it'll be a minor miracle if he ever races again in F1. His hand does not look even close to being 'normal'. Huge shame if that's the case.

At the risk of repeating myself (again), when I first saw the aftermath of the accident and heard how badly injured he was, I said he would never race in F1 again.
If by some chance he does return then he won't be competitive and will retire shortly afterwards.

I still agree with you, Bro. Even if we are wrong, I see no reason at all for RK to even consider being in a car for Brazil! Far better to try to make as complete a recovery as possible before trying out a car. Look to next year, not a meaningless race (for the team) this year.

Kubica should be thankful that he is still with us, the accident could have been worse. With much regret, after looking at the picture of Kubica's arm, I have to conclude that his F1 driving days may be over, all drivers needs to change dials on the stearing wheel and operate paddles without thinking about it, I fear his recovery would not be enough to manage the demands of driving an F1 car.

Back
Top Bottom