Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

I've just remembered when Kimi was just about to complain about strategy when they told him he was behind Bottas until it was explained to him that Bottas had always been the Merc in front of him LOL

Being as Hamilton had been closing him down for 33 laps, and he would back been getting constant updates it, it does make you wonder what planet he is on.

I like Kimi because he seems to be blissfully lacking the Trump-size ego and narcissism that seems to afflict about 90% of the participants in every professional sport, including F1.

Why Kimi has fans ? He speaks his mind as though he does not care but has impact and its not PR rehearsed. His idol was James Hunt who tended to be outspoken ..he has not got Hunt's womanising antics though

Kimi made a fan really happy today

18382350_1162711260523214_9013457168120152064_n.jpg

Don't know the back story but I guess the little is crying after he learned his idol crashed and was out ... then Kimi took him under his wing

Yeah it was on the main feed. When be went off the little lad was crying his eyes out. Looks like someone from Ferrari went and found him and Kimi came and talked to him about half way through race. Was pretty classy to be honest. Wasn't just a quick visit too as you saw him later with all the Ferrari mechanics under the podium.

Good stuff.....although......expect lots of parents trying to get their kids to cry at grand prixs from now on.

I was stood on Woodcote Corner at Silverstone in 1996 when Schumacher went off on lap 3. The roar from the British fans at that moment was ground shaking. In front of me, a little lad in a Ferrari shirt burst in to tears and asked his mum why everyone was cheering about Schumacher going off. He couldn't understand it.

Mind you, it went deathly quiet 20 odd laps later when Damon joined the DNF club.

apparently thats right 1st pole since france 08 if only that fact was repeated in every qualifying session this season. maybe it could be confirmed :whistle:

Last edited:
I'm glad for the Finn, it's been a long time coming. His lap was really perfectly done and looks like he could have gone a little faster at times. Is Kimi the more senior driver of the grid?

8 years, 11 months and 6 days since his last pole, beating Mario Andretti's record of 8 years and 18 days between consecutive poles from 1968/1976.

And celebrated in classic Kimi style:

"Pole, Kimi, Pole. Well done."
"Good."

Last edited:
Titch Raikkonen was slower during the first stint, when the gap between him and Vettel was at 1.3 Sec. and during the second stint, when Vettel came out ahead of him and increased the gap to Raikkonen to 13 Sec. before the safety car came out.
Verstappen should be the rightful man to have taken P3 then too, because Red Bull made the same error as Ferrari.

Raikkonen was utterly pissed off in the second stint, why should he put himself out for a team who brought him in at a time when they knew he would come out into traffic?

Back
Top Bottom