Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

Niiiiiiice:
kimi-stig-topgear-G1jpgpagespeedceOm_YsalxQC.jpg

Lotus has Kimi working on PR!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-open-up-shop-in-lebanon/

The Iceman opened a new Lotus dealership in Beirut yesterday. In addition, the Republic Of Lebanon is going to sponsor Lotus. The cars will have the Lebanese flag on their cars soon.

On a more pertinent matter, what do people make of Kimi's comeback?

He says he never left and, in my opinion, I think there's more to come from Raikkonen. That was a fighting drive in Melbourne and it's a shame about that 5 place grid penalty in Sepang.

Still, it was impressive to see Kimi setting a qualifying time as fast as the quickest Red Bull on Saturday.

I think his comeback is already way ahead of Schumacher's. It would be interesting to see what Kimi can do with a straight-forward weekend.

I love Kimi but, I fear, he doesn't really do straightforward.

Having said that, his first two races in a totally different environment and not the best car have been a revelation.

Rad Booton of Rootersport is suitably impressed. Commenting on Kimi's Malaysia qualifying performance he said:

"Kimmy did an excellent number to grab fifth. It occurs to me that his retirement to run around in rally cars was much better preparation for a return to Formula Wonderful than Herr Shoemaker’s foray on two wheels. Kimmy has shown thus far that he is back in F-won whilst it has taken The Prussian until this season to warm up. Kimmy’s demeanour on and off track belie his wonderfulness."

Fenderman. Rooters Inc.8-)

As much as I like Kimi as a driver if I were a team principal and had the choice between him - fast but not very sponsor friendly - or Fernando - faster, sponsor friendly and with a bucket of cash in tow - I think I know who I would choose.

As much as I like Kimi as a driver if I were a team principal and had the choice between him - fast but not very sponsor friendly - or Fernando - faster, sponsor friendly and with a bucket of cash in tow - I think I know who I would choose.

The myth about Kimi not being sponsor friendly is quite strange to me. Kimi is one of the few drivers who has an image (the whole Iceman-thing) which IMO is more atractive to sponsors than smiling on interviews and talking a lot of bs. The first test for example: Kimi was fastest and the press was all about "Iceman is back" etc.

I find it quite annoying that he comes back in his first year with a pretty damn respectable car. It's Irritating. Anyone agree with me?

Did you guys see when Lee McKenzie was interviewing Kimi on the forum, that Lotus lads he was with couldn't stop looking at him when he stripped his overalls down to his waist. Bet she wished he could of taken a bit more off than that.

Back
Top Bottom