Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

Perhaps some more lucid interviewers should be employed? What that expression? Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer; and when it comes to F1 interviews they really push the boat out on stupid questions don't they!

Interview from before the German GP earlier this year with Alonso's race engineer Andrea Stella, who was the former engeineer to Raikkonen and Schumacher. He speaks about Kimi at 4:35 and I find quite interesting how he describes him and it sounds very similar to people describe Button about their operating window.

Looks like this year's Lotus, although never blowing away the competition, is pretty much always competitive. I'm guessing this hints at general driveability which if the above chap is reliable should suit Kimi down to the ground.

I love the kidnapping video so much.

Kimi has sacrificed some of his speed for consistency but I always felt Lotus could not sustain the season due to the lack of resources compared to the others

Next year's Lotus needs to do a Brawn and be mighty quick out of the blocks if Kimi is going to be a title contender

Raikkonen has been confirmed at Lotus for another season after Lotus exercised their option due to achieving certain performance related contract criteria.

I think it's great that Kimi will be back in the Lotus next year. Hopefully the car will be even better than this year's and maybe the team will be able to find more money as well, so the car can be more thoroughly developed.

That would be pretty cool. Seb vs Kimi would be mouth-watering. They are very similar drivers.

I don't think we'll see Seb v Kimi I'm afraid I think that Kimi is their safety net for when Vettel moves to Ferrari and Webber decides to call it a day.

Kimi and one of their Toro Rosso boys (I'm hoping Vergne). That way they'll have all bases covered with the proven experienced GP winner and the young potential. Kimi is an absolute no brainer if they need a driver due to his history of being sponsored by the Red Bull brand................and the amount he drinks with vodka.

You know how bad I am at predicitions though.

Well done Kimi!

1352043572.jpg

Back
Top Bottom