Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Maybe McLaren will build the best car in the world over the winter, Honda will do one, Mercedes will stick an engine in the back of it attached with optimism and blu-tac, then Button will be reprieved from unemployment and win the title.

That'd be totally unprecedented. ;)

It'd be interesting to see how the current car would perform with a Mercedes power unit. Though some disagree, I think the car itself is pretty good and could be at the front. I guess they've had to develop/test it with a manky power unit so even they don't know the true potential.

The significant shortcoming is not in the area of the chassis, as has been proven in Spain, Monaco and Canada, it is the PU that is not performing to the extent which is desired by the team. Thus, the potential to be fighting for podiums is there, if there were a Mercedes PU in the car.

Last edited:
It'd be interesting to see how the current car would perform with a Mercedes power unit. Though some disagree, I think the car itself is pretty good and could be at the front. I guess they've had to develop/test it with a manky power unit so even they don't know the true potential.
Isn't Alonso alleged to have said the chassis is "perfect"? I haven't seen the quote myself just heard it said on US telly. With a Merc engine maybe it could be genuinely competitive.

Mezzer rufus_mcdufus Martin Brundle said the Mclaren chassis works very well and is amongst the best bar probably Ferrari or Mercedes. At Canada on a power track the Mclarens ought to be near the back but the chassis clearly is helping in some way that Alonso nearly got into Q3

can you believe its been 8 years since JB clinched the f1 title at Interlagos. doesnt seem that long ago since i was watching that stunning drive thru the field from 14th/16th > 5th & then his brilliant rendition of we are the champions

Good for JB. Wish we saw more of those races in the UK.

A Honda assault on Le Mans looks extremely unlikely in the foreseeable future.

Good for JB. Wish we saw more of those races in the UK.

A Honda assault on Le Mans looks extremely unlikely in the foreseeable future.

hopefully someone will pick up the rights in uk & before le mans certaintly try making an engine that will last 1 & half hours before 24hrs LOL:whistle:

Last edited:
I watching the skyf1 watchalong this evening while baking. very interesting the whole way I watched that live & thought I had a great memory of it but if you had told me Button had started ahead of Alonso in that race despite 10 place grid penalty, I wouldn't have believed you because I was sure that Alonso had qualified in the top 2 rows. never knew he was 15th on the grid on merit

but apparently he nearly got honda in serious trouble, because of course being a constructor every team has to design / build their own cars although some like red bull & Toro Rosso at the time were rumoured to have a looser term of it. but they were discussing this 2006 BAR car & 2007 Super Aguri. after how 2006 car was based on a 2002 arrows. they revealed that Davidson was driving button's car in 2007 because at the end of the season they handed it to super aguri for a new paintjob, Button had a horrible qualifying in austraila, in the pen he was saying to journalist something along the lines of I cant believe it, Davidson just outqualified me in my car from last year. the team now honda were quickly backpedaling telling jenson "your wrong its an evolution" but went "no im telling the truth that's my car"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom