Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH - I think Perez is gonna be brilliant for Mclaren, he's just so cool and never gets flustered at anything. Really think this is a good deal for both team and driver. Plus Button and him could do very well together, i'm sure Button won't be expecting number 1 status and Perez the same.

It will be very interesting to see Perez in a top car on a top team. Hopefully the pressure and additional attention doesn't get to his head. (like it did to the person he's replacing)

I'll be back to the first page come last race in 2013 but my money's on Perez finishing higher. Whitmarsh has confirmed he's coming to the team to win next years WDC.

I think Perez is really coming to form right now and don't understand why Ferrari opted out on him as he is def in some sort of peak form I think he has all the abilities to make it as a top driver at Mclaren

BUT

Sergio's consistancy is pretty awful. Did you know he's currently on his longest streak of consistantly scoring points currently. A streak of 2. He's had no more than 2 points finishes in a row - which when you think Kobi had a run of 7 last year in the same car its def something he has to work on before we start talking world titles. Jenson always keeps close to Hamilton by consistantly scoring, won his title that way too so if he wants any chance of beating his team-mate Sergio better get in the zone.

Also currently Perez drives for a smaller team and has no expectations on him - he can try crazy tyre gambles and go for super charges at the end right now. At Mclaren he'll be expected to get results. I hope he can handle it.

Whilst he has look awesome every since he joined F1 lets remember it was only 2 years ago he was beat to the GP2 title by Pastor Maldonado.

Kind of answering your own question there as to why Ferrari don't feel he's ready yet RasputinLives?

That apparent lack of consistency is one of the reasons why I'm a little doubtful that he'll challenge Button next season.

Do those who expect that Perez finishes higher than Button realize that they're saying that Perez is at least the equal of Hamilton, but you could very well argue then that he is better than Hamilton? Because over three years the difference between Hamilton and Button is marginal, although in two of those years Hamilton finished ahead of Button (at least this year so far Hamilton is ahead of Button).
Looking at the past three years at McLaren, I don't expect that Button will end up with a lot less points than Perez over a season.

Actually I think it's more likely that Button will end on top.

Kind of answering your own question there as to why Ferrari don't feel he's ready yet RasputinLives?

That apparent lack of consistency is one of the reasons why I'm a little doubtful that he'll challenge Button next season.

I guess I am but I guess I feel that as a supporting act for Fernando he'd have much less pressure on him and time to learn it. With the move to Mclaren, as this thread shows, people will be expecting him to lead the team straight off

However, kovalainen had hit a strong run of form for renault before joining McLaren... And look what happened to him! Personally, I suspect that this will be a 2 or 3 year apprenticeship with McLaren- probably with some wins in there, before he is truly let off the leash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom