FIA Jean Todt publishes manifesto for FIA president

Jean Todts FIA Presidentially Manifesto

Jean Todt as released his manifesto for his campaign to become the FIA president and I thought it would be of some interest to you people.

He has highlighted affordability and competition, innovation and excellence, and teamwork and co-operation as the main themes of his election campaign and also highlighted decision-making, to make it more responsive cost effective and transparent, Bringing in a commissioner to oversee the day to day running and governance of each world championship and a review of how race stewards will work via the creation of the Stewards Review Group.

I dont know much about politics or politics in motor-sport but I think fears he will be Max Mosley No2 will be decreased a little and what is said seems to make a lot of sense.

http://www.jeantodtandteam2009.com/FIA_Presidency_Election_Agenda_2009-2013.pdf

Looks like 3 of us had the same idea starting a post on this :D
I've merged your thread into this one AMR seeing as c_a_t was first.

On the face of it there are some promising proposals but as always the devil is in the detail.

Not sure if anyone picked up on this little gem or not: "review of the structure of calendar fees".
Does that mean what I think it does?
I think Bernie and CVC might have something to say about that.

Shame really as it's not really a contest at all, Todt already has his name on the office door..

Do we reckon Max is doing a "Putin", put a puppet in for a term before making a comeback? Anyone know what Max's holiday plans are this year? If we see him posing in Siberia with his shirt off we know this may be on the cards...

Vladimir-Putin_1__597496d.jpg

The more I think of this, the more I'm concerned.

Todt's idea is to bring in a commissioner to "oversee the day to day running and governance of each world championship".

Max Mosley has already stated that he wants to stay involved in some way...

"The commissioner will represent the FIA in all regulatory and commercial issues relating to the championship, reporting to the World Council and relevant sporting commissions"

errr whut the FIA getting involved in the commercial issues - haven't we been through this before?

Under CTA apex rules I bet a 5ver it's Max as either commissioner or chairman of the stewards LOL

to me, the idea of a commissioner to oversee day to day activities, seems like a very good idea.

cos the idea the president of FIA personally dealing with the daily going-ons at for instance F1 is nonsense. the role of the president of an organisation should be that organisation. not the parts that make up the organisation. to me, max was a front of a group of people inside FIA dealing with F1 day to day.

so basically, this idea to me is making the situation legal and clear. which can only be an improvement over what we have now. i think we can all be grateful of the idea that the president of FIA will be less involved with F1. right now, its just not a good situation. basically, the interests at the moment are crossed and meddled.

also, the role of the president should be to solve problems. to have an escalation road. right now, that road only exists in appeal courts and that is not right either. it makes much more sense to have decisions made by commissioner with the option to appeal to the president. this escalation then based on procedure errors. makes complete sense and would help FIA a lot. i think.

Nigel Roebuck in this months Motorsport made a very interesting comment in his editorial. He claims that at the Canadian GP in the aftermath of the Mosley NOTW affair some team owners got together and put suggested putting a letter to MM asking him to stand down. The plan was presented to Bernie who apparently stated that if all the teams signed such a letter then he himself would add his name to it. According to Nigel Roebuck there was a general agreement from all teams and 9 signed but at the last minute one team pulled out. That one team was Ferrari and the person in that team who pulled the plug was one Jean Todt. Again according to Roebuck in the months after this the staff near the top of Ferrari were very bitter that this had happenend.

I obviously have no idea how true this is but Nigel Roebuck is an extremely respect journalist so it must be seen to be pretty reliable.

In the same article NR also goes on to state that in his opinion virtually all the team owners are behind the AV for the presidency and that JT may not find the run to the top as easy as he thinks.

If true that's very interesting.

Once again Ferrari screw every one over but this time it's apparently down to an individual, rather than the team.

However, it would explain Todt's less than amicable relationship with Ferrari now and Mosley's backing for Todt.

Even though the F1 teams may be behind Ari, Max seems to have the ear of most of the voting associations so I fear it's almost a foregone conclusion.

cider_and_toast said:
Nigel Roebuck in this months Motorsport made a very interesting comment in his editorial. He claims that at the Canadian GP in the aftermath of the Mosley NOTW affair some team owners got together and put suggested putting a letter to MM asking him to stand down. The plan was presented to Bernie who apparently stated that if all the teams signed such a letter then he himself would add his name to it. According to Nigel Roebuck there was a general agreement from all teams and 9 signed but at the last minute one team pulled out. That one team was Ferrari and the person in that team who pulled the plug was one Jean Todt. Again according to Roebuck in the months after this the staff near the top of Ferrari were very bitter that this had happenend.

I obviously have no idea how true this is but Nigel Roebuck is an extremely respect journalist so it must be seen to be pretty reliable.

In the same article NR also goes on to state that in his opinion virtually all the team owners are behind the AV for the presidency and that JT may not find the run to the top as easy as he thinks.

every time i read an article like this, i am lost.

once again, the FIA is not just F1! the idea that a club of f1 teams can ask the FIA president to stand down is just plain and simple nonsense in my view.

bogaTYR said:
once again, the FIA is not just F1!
Try telling that to Mosley.

Mosley has made it his business over the years to constanly meddle and interfere with F1, much more so than any other series the FIA is involved with so it's understandable that those participating have finally had enough.

Power to the people!

I read Roebuck's piece too - frankly I don't think it would have made any difference, to be honest. He'd decided he wasn't resigning, and judging by the support he got in the vote of confidence he was right. I rather doubt that the views of the F1 team principals would have carried much weight in Chinese Taipei or Rwanda.

Mind you, boga is absolutely right - the FIA regulated a lot of other motorsport besides F1. And if Mosley is to be judged on his record on running the other categories then it's looking even worse for him, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom