Jarno Trulli

He built up a reputation as a good qualifier in the mid-late 00's. We also had the famous Trulli train back in those days too.

Jarno's one and only win to date came way back in 2004, but IMHO he should have won more races in his career. He was famously dropped by Renault for losing a poduim finish at the French GP in that same season.

Jarno's list of teams include:

Minardi
Prost
Renault
Toyota
Lotus

Jarno also owns his own vineyard out in his home country of Italy..

I've always thought Trulli was a average racing driver and even though i did feel slightly sorry for him when he got publicly sacked by Renault, i've never been given the impression by him that he's ever tried in races to go for that extra point.

What are your opinions on Jarno's F1 career?

I think Jarno was underrated, but quite frankly his particular career has run out of steam. I've said this before, but in the flyaways at the end of last season (Si, Jp, Ko, In, AD, Bz) he did not finish a race ahead of Kovalainen, qualify ahead of Kovalainen or set a faster race lap than Kovalainen.

I am hearing fresh rumours in the PR and management field that Trulli will be looking for a new job before too long, more than likely before the first race of the season....

So any italians in GP2 should probably start looking for some italian sponsors for an easy method to the grid! And the first time there's no italian drivers since 1970

Be interesting to see how Caterham cope with the height difference with their remaining Hobbit and Petrov.

Well, Jos, Trulli is a good driver while Petrov is a more aggressive risk taker. I think Caterham intend to go racing this year and that therefore they've made a good decision? I also think they can rely on Kovaleinen to continue the development and bring in some points. Let's keep an eye and judge after a few races.

I stand in the middle here - I agree its time for Truli to go but don't really see that Petrov has much to offer

My thoughts exactly. So much young talent to choose from but, once again, the bloke with a the suitcase full of dollars get the drive. I wonder what people like Gary Paffet and Oliver Turvey make of Petrov dropping into a full race seat. I hope Heikki spanks his bottom - literally and metaphorically!

Back
Top Bottom