Jaime Alguersuari

The man who feels like a god when he puts his crash helmet on does not have his own thread and due to the fact we've found out his Godly status I shall write his thread in the approproite style. So please be upstanding for the 10 commandments of Alguersuari.

Thou shall not judge a driver by his age!

He broke the record for the youngest person ever to compete in a Grand Prix when he took part in the 2009 Hungarian GP at the age of 19 years and 125 days. He also won the British F3 Championship at 18. Jaime is not even 22 yet and he already has 40 grand prixs under his belt. As long as he can keep a seat he must be looking at breaking Barrichello's record.

Thou shall judge thy too early!

Like the Phoenix Jaime has shown the potential to reach his best when he's closest to disastor. He did not impress in his first half season for Torro Rosso and despite a 14th in Brazil that year he was seen as somewhat of a moving chicane but after a little dicing with Schumi in Australia and a 9th place in Malaysia the talk had turned round and he was being talked up as a star of the future. Similarly this season it appeared he was about to be dropped and replace by Ricciardo but since then has pulled it out of the bag and has already turned this into his best season ever with 4 points scoring positions and a career high of 7th place at Monza

Thou shall treat me as thy favoured son!

Despite finishing behind his Moose like team-mate in both his previous seasons, Jaime is very much the favoured son at Torro Rosso. Franz Tost especially always speaks very highly of him.

Thou shall not depend on qualifying!

Not always the best qualifier that doesn't seem to matter with Jaime he's scored a points finish 4 times in 2011 having missed Q2 and started 18th. His best qualifying was in Belgium this year of 6th and he didn't get past the first corner.

Thou shall be a little hot headed!

Certainly last year Mr Alguersuari had a tendency to lose his cool when racing wheel to wheel and attempt to take a swipe at the driver who he is wheel to wheel with. The time he banged wheels with Kobyashi in Japan 2010 is a prime example.

Thou shall race with Champions!

Due to Mark Webber being injured Jaime actually took part in the 2008 Race of Champions at Wembley. He went out in the first round after being beaten by NASCAR driver Carl Edwards

Thou shall dance to thy own tune!

A Musical artist in his own right performing under the stage name 'Squire'. He's even DJed in Ibiza. His debut album 'Organic Life' was released on 14th Septemeber 2011. I'm sure you'll all be rushing out to buy it.

Thou shall bow to Pedro De La Rosa!

Still ony Spain's 3rd greatest GP driver but I'm sure he'll change that.

Thou shall please thy money lenders!

Torro Rosso looks as if its going to be bought our by new Arabic investers and renamed Team UAE - the same investers have big links with Spain and therefore that seems to strengthen Jamie's position in the team. Even if that isn't the case the fact that the Hispania team have been taken over by new owners promising a Spanish feel to the team must offer a good fall back point for him.

Thou shall confuse Clip The Apex Members on thy skill level!

I think nearly everyone on here(including me) predicted he'd be gone by the time the British Grand Prix came around after his early start yet back he came. I can't get a handle on how good this guy is and I get the feeling no one else can either - thoughts on Alguersuari? Is he a God who will be worshiped and sit glorious in the heavens or will he be a fallen idol forgotten in the sands of time?

Thou shall treat me as thy favoured son!

Despite finishing behind his Moose like team-mate in both his previous seasons, Jaime is very much the favoured son at Torro Rosso. Franz Tost especially always speaks very highly of him.

Too right he gets treated as the favoured son!

Moosey show them who's boss! :cheer:

He's reasonable. At least he's improving. I don't think he's going to remotely endanger Rubens' record, though.

Well at 20 races a season he'd only need 14 more seasons to break it - which would make him 35. I guess thats a little of a long shot though

Well at 20 races a season he'd only need 14 more seasons to break it - which would make him 35. I guess thats a little of a long shot though

I don't know, it is possible to cling to F1 like a limpet. In the top 10 for most appearences there are 3 World Champions (Schumacher, Piquet, Button), 3 team-mates of World Champions (Barrichello, Coulthard, Berger) and 4 Italians (Patrese, Trulli, Fisichella, De Cesaris). Admittedly Patrese could be in the second category too...

The point is those Italians were never going to be World Champions (and nor was Coulthard) but they hung on for a long, long time. Phillipe Alliot managed 100 Grands Prix, for Christ's sake.

So Jaime Alguersuari Esquire has every chance!

Think Jaime and Sebs problems with the Toro Rosso especially at the start of the season were that the team were really struggling with the new tyres to get them warmed up for the races. Their seem to have found something since the Canadian GP that works on the car during races but still struggle sometimes in qualifying conditions. Plus with both Jaime and Seb not really that experienced both have found it hard working around problems on the car.

But tbh - i think Jaime since his debut has done a good job and would certainly like to see him given another chance next season alongside Seb.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96747

doesn't sound like Mr Alguersauri had been negociating the F1 drivers market at all and this announcment has taken him by surprise. The whole "their are lots of oppotunities out their in the world for me" line makes me wonder if he's not gone to his manager stating he'd like to concentrate on his music career. His manager probably smiled and nodded whilst frantically trying to get Frank Williams on the phone

I too was a bit surprised at some his comments.

By all accounts he was more or less expecting one of the seats, so either he was misled by the team or something changed drastically in the last few days.

doesn't sound like Mr Alguersauri had been negociating the F1 drivers market at all and this announcment has taken him by surprise. The whole "their are lots of oppotunities out their in the world for me" line makes me wonder if he's not gone to his manager stating he'd like to concentrate on his music career.

Esteban Tuero, by any chance?

I get the feeling this moment didn't do much to help Jamie's chances of staying on at Toro Rosso...

I think this incident has been blown out of proportion by the Spanish media and several others.

The main reason why I think it is, could be that Caterham rejected Ricciardo and Red Bull's money, so instead of keeping Buemi and Alguersuari they both got the chop because of Red Bull being arses who should have really kept both.

What we will never know is what would have happened if, after the final race of the season, Webber had said enough is enough, I quit. Would one of those two "no-hopers" have got the drive?

Back
Top Bottom