Jaime Alguersuari

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
If thats true and it isn't because he's lined up for the Williams drive then I think thats a mistake - better to be visable in an F1 drive even at the back than sitting in the garage.

Others may argue with this but 3 drivers who have driven for HRT in the last 2 seasons have all been given a shot with a team further up the grid (Chandhock, Senna and Ricciardo) yes 2 of them failed to take it but thats not the point. Would they have been on the radar to get that chance without a bit of time at HRT?

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Klien and Yamamoto, of course, utterly unlikely to have been given a chance up the grid - both had already supplied evidence of their incompetence.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I thought Klien did a better job than Senna?

Must be wrong.
He did, I'll grant you. I'm talking about his previous form with Jag/Red Bull, where he looked like a fish out of water and he became only the first driver to be beaten by David Coulthard two consecutive years.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Oops!

Jaime Alguersuari has revealed that he turned down another offer for 2012 because he believed his Toro Rosso seat was secure.

The Spaniard and erstwhile team-mate Sebastien Buemi were both dropped when Toro Rosso opted to promote Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne to its 2012 race seats.

Alguersuari insists that he had been assured by the Red Bull hierarchy that he would be kept on.

"I was verbally confirmed during the Brazilian GP," he said. "Hence, being confirmed by Red Bull and STR, I rejected a very good offer."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97359

RasputinLives

Contributor
He doesn't say who from though and I can't think of who it would have come from that he wouldn't have taken unless it was Williams, Catherham, Marussia or HRT. Now we already know HRT offered him a seat he turned down but the other 2 seem unlikely. Lotus?

I dunno. I think maybe Jamie is blowing a bit of hot air.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I read that too. Haven't they bought a 2010 Renault to test with?

no-FIAt-please

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
I read that too. Haven't they bought a 2010 Renault to test with?
Yes they're using an R30 which they have chosen over the TF109 due to the larger fuel tank so they can simulate full races, but I also think that they're going to modify the car so that it's in line with current downforce levels.

I doubt the experience will give Alguersuari an edge when trying to find a race seat for 2013, only need to look at Lucas di Grassi to see that, although I think Alguersuari is probably rated higher than di Grassi.

HansyRod

Points Scorer
This is great news for Jaime, not only as a way of keeping his skills sharp, but also possibly getting a deeper knowledge of the Pirelli tyre. I don't think his situation is comparable to Di Grassi's, being a lot younger and having ended his last F1 spell on a high with a great half season, I would think he's an interesting prospect for any midfielder team, at least - however my opinion may be just a bit biased as you can probably deduce from my avatar :D

RasputinLives

Contributor

RasputinLives

Contributor
interesting tweet from Jamie today https://twitter.com/AlguersuariJA/status/248718522774085632

"Soon you'll all know where i will be driving next year. Thank you all again"

It seems to be taken that this means he's signed a contract for a race seat in F1 next year but it could equally also mean he's going to publish a map of the road trip round Europe he plans to take. He has been heavy hinting all year he'll be back in F1 but I really don't see it myself.

I have a feeling Jamie Alguersauri is the new Anthony Davidson.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Where's Heiki going? and don't they have Razia, Rossi and Van Der Garde all queing up for that driver anyways?

The Pits

Harumph. Again.
Valued Member
Heikki could be in line to go to Ferrari. All conjecture, but if Jaime has a seat, someone needs to make way.

RasputinLives

Contributor
I'll believe the Ferrari thing when I see it. I'll also believe Alguersauri coming back into F1 when I see it as I don't really think he has an impressive record to stand by. Maybe HRT but he turned them down last season.

Top Bottom