Jérôme d'Ambrosio

I thought I'd give poor old Jerome his own thread to sit in the current drivers section for a little bit as I think, unfourtunatly, he'll be moved to the past drivers section very soon.

Got to feel a bit sorry for this nice Belgium bloke as you can't really credit him with having done much wrong on his debut F1 season but as the Virgin car was designed on a ZX Spectrum 48k its proven once again to be permantly glued to the back of the grid. He's not done too badly compared to his more illustrious team-mate. Out of the 8 times they've both finished the GP who's finished in front of him 3 times and sits in front of him in the championship due to having 2 14th place finishes - one on his debut in Australia and one in Canada. Glocks highest finish was 15th in Canada and Italy.

You'd have thought Glock should really be putting his rookie team-mate to the sword especially as they've resigned him again but Jerome is holding his own but unfourtunatly the only bragging right the man nicknamed 'custard' has gained is the right to shout "in your face Di Grassi!" as lets face it he's put him to shame.

Virgin will probably rotate in someone else next season and poor old Jerome will probably be scrabbling around unsucessfuly for a drive next year bless him. He is an Eric Boullier driver so there is some hope but Eric has a lot of drivers and I don't think Jerome is his priority.

What do we think guys? Has he done a good job or not? how do you think he'd fair in a more competitive car?

If Grosjean is out next race(Is that the case?) then it has to be D'ambrosio and personally I'm massively excited about it. Always thougth Jerome didn't get a fair shake of the stick and a good drive in a good car just around contract time won't do him any harm at all.

D'ambrosio to fill the one year gap at Ferrari anyone? ;)

So according to this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102202 the likelyhood of Jerome getting the drive next weekend is 'very high' and as he's been the reserve driver all season, drove the car at the test and has been doing simulator work it'll be blooming stupid if its not him as its just one race.

As a tribute to our favourite driver custard joke I have not only changed my avatar but I shall be bringing you Jerome news, facts and updates all week as i'm officially declaring this week Jerome D'ambrosio week!

teabagyokel - no for Bottas getting the drive I'm planning a parade with 40 trombones, elephants and clowns to go past the Williams factory. Bruno Senna will be one of the clowns obviously.

Jerome D'ambrosio fact number one - Jerome is actually of Italian decent so hopefully the Tiffosi will give him a good cheer as he's the nearest they have to a home driver.

I think a steady top ten finish and he'll have done the car and himself justice.

We're being premature though. Knowing the stupidity of F1 we'll see news tomorrow that they've given a one race deal to Jarno Trulli or something

Yeah and I heard Alguersauri threw his name into the hat on commentary as well.

Really though whats the point in having a reserve driver if you don't use him as a reserve? if it was for the rest of the season I could see but its one Grand Prix - put the guy in who knows the car! Simple.

Isn't Bouillier D'ambrosio's manager? If so it's pretty much a done deal imo. Get your guy experience + a chance to show what he can do and increase his chances of a drive for next season. Plus he knows the car as mentioned.

D'ambrosio might seem an obvious option, but I imagine there'll be other drivers willing to pay to get in that seat and Lotus might want a more experienced driver who will pick up points incident free.

I can't see how Johnny rent a driver, however many grand prix he's done, is going to be a more reliable option than a guy who has been part of the team all season, done endless simulator work and most importantly driven the car. Not for one race anyway. I may be bias but Jerome isn't a rookie either with 19 grand prixs to his name.

Back
Top Bottom