Is Mercedes Going to Hit a New Lowe?!!

They seem to be running around like headless chickens at the moment not knowing who's going where and who's doing what, mind you that is very Lauda-esque he's always saying one thing, doing another whilst thinking something else...

:ok: Steady on Brogan they also did it with hardly any sponsorship and little budget and so could not develop the car throughout the year and any driver that is leading a championship has to manage his lead which makes them slightly more conservative in their approach to racing and even then Jenson did manage maintain his lead from start to finish and won with a race to spare.

Not everything is black and white and cannot be summed up in a single sentence....

But from the Merc point of view, he certainly wasn't lacking resources and their only progress thru the season seemed to be backwards.

Having said that, I would still prefer him to Lowe. As for Lauda, he made such a dogs meal of Jaguar that I will never understand his ever being given a team-influencing position again.

So in the last few years McLaren have had a $100m fine. Replaced one of the most influential and successful team principals in F1 history and pretty much lost all their most senior technical staff and designers. I dont know how they keep themselves in the top three teams bracket!

Anyone care to comment on the chances of Brawn going to McLaren alongside Whitmarsh or will hell freeze over before that happens? I suspect the latter! LOL

P.S. Who's feeding all this info to Eddie Jordan by the way? He might be an irritating little man sometimes but he gets it right a lot of the time too.

Oh and another thing - Lewis Hamilton thought he was going to a team that had the most successful team principal (EDIT: Brawn was Tech. Dir. for most of his successes, sorry!) of all time at the helm...I wonder what his thoughts are now?

If Lewis is given a fast car he won't care if Santa Claus is running the team.

In all liklihood he won't have a very fast car next season and will be in a team with either 1. a disgruntled team principal who knows the guy above him wants to or is in the process of replacing him or 2. someone who's never really run a F1 team before and will be on their own massively steep learning curve.

Yeah, it's looking like a really stable platform to work on next year!

ItI doesnt feel good I admit. I'd be much happier if Brawn was securely there. But we don't really know what the plan is yet, it's still all speculation. I do think they are very serious about winning.

To be honest, I think it is less about Brawn, and more about a coherent strategy or plan that I can get on board with. There is no denying the talent that they have on board, certainly, but that talent all needs to be applied in the correct way, in the right direction, and with the same vision as the entire team.

Being serious about winning is a good thing, and they clearly are, however, I do not believe that is enough, I also do not believe that Ross would not walk away if he felt things were not going the way he wants them too.

either way, uncertainty and friction are not what they want at the moment, whether it is real or speculation in the wider press, both will hamper their preparations.

:ok: Steady on Brogan they also did it with hardly any sponsorship and little budget and so could not develop the car throughout the year and any driver that is leading a championship has to manage his lead which makes them slightly more conservative in their approach to racing and even then Jenson did manage maintain his lead from start to finish and won with a race to spare.

Not everything is black and white and cannot be summed up in a single sentence....

But they did start with one of the most expensive cars in development costs in F1 history! Supposedly 6 wind tunnels were used in total in the development if the car. To keep their lead through the season was impressive though.

After reading the Kravitz article referenced by Greenlantern in the Mercedes thread, it just sounds more like a pure power grab by Lauda.

But from what they are saying racecub they are targeting 2014 and are not too worried about this coming season. That can hardly be encouraging for any driver, Hamilton will be 29 by then which doesn't leave much scope for error if he wants to catch up with M. Schumacher (or even Vettel).

I'm not sure Hamilton's priority is playing the numbers game @Bill Boddy . But currently his championships don't reflect his talent and ability, so I think he'd like to rectify that. Can't speak for Lewis of course, but I get the impression he'd rather be remembered for steering a team to victory , fighting for wins and displaying outstanding talent, rather than for a higher number of wins by the cruise and collect method.
Yes I think Mercedes are targeting 2014 , all out, and Lewis himself has said he sees this as a long term project, But if something comes sooner they will accept it with both hands.

P.S. Who's feeding all this info to Eddie Jordan by the way? He might be an irritating little man sometimes but he gets it right a lot of the time too.

It seems as though Jordan may have some sources at Mercedes, because so far he has been correct in predicting :

! . Michael returning to F1 at Mercedes.
2. Lewis moving to Mercedes.

Back
Top Bottom