If you could choose two drivers...

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
We often hear how it's all about the car, and even Senna himself said the same.
Who am I to argue with the man who was voted No. 1 by his peers?

So that being the case, assuming you were the owner of Red Bull the fastest car on the grid, if you had the pick of any two current drivers, who would they be?

Would you go for two out and out racers who would potentially take points off each other?
Or would you go for a number 1/number 2 driver set up?

Let's just assume for the purposes of this thread that all drivers get along and would happily be in a team with any other :D

We often hear how it's all about the car, and even Senna himself said the same.
Who am I to argue with the man who was voted No. 1 by his peers?

So that being the case, assuming you were the owner of Red Bull the fastest car on the grid, if you had the pick of any two current drivers, who would they be?

Would you go for two out and out racers who would potentially take points off each other?
Or would you go for a number 1/number 2 driver set up?

Let's just assume for the purposes of this thread that all drivers get along and would happily be in a team with any other :D

Lets not assume that, because it'd make for some more interesting speculation if we didn't.

I think, biting back my own spite in one case, the Red Beaver F1 Team would be:

Fernando Alonso (and his magnificent Eyebrows)Nick Heidfeld (and his scraggly beard)
[td]#1[/td][td]#2[/td]
I think that would work fine! FA would be an excellent driver, NH to pick up the pieces when things went south!

In my mind... which you don't want to be in, trust me ...there can be only two!

Fernando Alonso (and his magnificent Eyebrow)Lewis Hamilton (and his beard???)
[td]#1[/td][td]#2[/td]

Fernando is still the quickest driver and Lewis is the fastest, they've still got to sort this argument out. It's not Prost/Senna but it's as near as we can get right now.

I'm with snowy.
It would have to be Hamilton and Alonso, with no team orders.

Personal trainers and stopwatches would also be prohibited from being anywhere near the pit lane.

I would love to see another season like 2007 again, with 2 drivers who were so evenly matched, they finished on equal points.
Even if one did beat the other ;)

I'm somewhat surprised you didn't go for Hamilberg and Alonsfeld, Grizzly.

This was meant to be a semi-serious thread by the way.
I'd like to see if anyone is willing to pick a driver they don't particularly like, essentially acknowledging their skill.

Alonso and Hamilton.
Might be a few fireworks but it's their problem who cares as long as long as competition gets the best out of each?
Maybe there wouldn't have been a rift in 2007 if Whitmarsh had in been in charg back then?

Didn't occur to me you could clone-merge drivers. In which case I'd have:

Sebnandipe Hamilguersuarimacher and Jensarkki Heidbayashichellosberg.

This was meant to be a semi-serious thread by the way.
I'd like to see if anyone is willing to pick a driver they don't particularly like, essentially acknowledging their skill.

I was being serious in a silly kind of way and, i have loathed Alonso since 2007, but can respect his talent, if not his mentality.

The Alonso Hamilton pairing is the fastest you can get IMO, but we all know, as I've said before, it is like putting matter and anti-matter in the Light Isotope Mass Spectrometry Laboratory and expecting them to play nicely. :nah: Hence we needed some sense and sensibility implanted...

What a shame we'll never see it again, as it seems to be the favoured pairing (based on an exceedingly small sample).

I disagree. You gotta go with a #1 and a #2 - there'd be too much friction otherwise, imho!

---------------------------------------------------

Why do you have to go with a #1 and #2 driver? What's the most important thing here, team harmony...or results?
Who cares if they don't get on as long as they rake in the points?

What's the most successful driver pairing in the past 25 years? 8-)

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom