How to fix F1...

Limit wings to something akin to this:
1599073490443.png

An extra bonus would be it would make Beau Rouge a challenge again. Not that Jacques Villeneuve would be in favour.
:D

I think the key is not to increase tire degradation but to eliminate it. We need tires which can be pushed on hard and don't degrade when you drive close to the car in front and try to overtake. Right now attempting to pass for a few laps kills the tires. Remember that race where Mansell was all over the back of Senna (Monaco). He would never have been able to do that with current tires.

FB

I would say that F1 first needs to decide whether or not to make the WDC meaningful again. If they do, then a spec series would be the way to go. If they prefer to stress the technical, as they have been doing since the turn of the century, they should be more honest and eliminate the WDC entirely, since, in the current situation, it is a meaningless designation, as it is 99% down to the car, with the only thing being proven is which of the two teammates is the better, and that is true throughout the entire grid.

Thought I'd revisit this. Why do the engines on F1 cars need to have a team of 20 engineers around them to get them started, including having hot water and oil pumped around to even make the engine turnover? Could the powers that be in F1 not make it a requirements of the engine that it must be started without external assistance? This would, perhaps, increase the possibility of the engine lunching itself and would certainly reduce the power and efficiency of the motor.

Increase the grid to 24 cars so more drivers get a chance and increase the TV money to 12 teams we don't want dickheads like Mazepin in F1
We want young talented drivers getting their chance...getting young drivers to do 1 practice session does not go far enough

I have some suggestions, which have probably been done before but just recently F1 has proven itself incapable of trying to address some very basic issues..
  • The engine must be able to be started with a simple, external device and cannot have any other external systems connected to it before being started
    • This would stop the 2 hours of pumping hot water and oil round the engine prior to firing it up. Giving environmental benefits, potentially reducing the power it produces and possibly reducing reliability (aren't prototype engines supposed to consume themselves occasionally?)
  • Get rid of tyre blankets
    • I know this is an old chestnut but I watched the Indy race at Laguna Seca this weekend and the cars sat on the grid with no tyre blankets. When they came in for a pit stop it was the drivers responsibility to get them up to temperature.
  • The issue of turbulence should be addressed with engineering solutions. If the wake which comes off the cars stops the car behind from getting close it must be measurable and there should be a requirement to reduce it to a level which allows a following car to get within X metres without it affecting their aerodynamic efficiency. If the result is lower aero grip for the cars generally then all the better.
  • The charade of Spa needs to be addressed and this should be through a combination of better tyres (to try and overcome aqua planing) and devices which must be fitted when wet weather tyres are used which dampen the spray coming off the tyres impacting visibility for the cars behind. There could/should be different levels of dampening depending on whether intermediate, full wet or monsoon tyres are used.

Last edited:
The issue of turbulence should be addressed with engineering solutions. If the wake which comes off the cars stops the car behind from getting close it must be measurable and there should be a requirement to reduce it to a level which allows a following car to get within X metres without it affecting their aerodynamic efficiency. If the result is lower aero grip for the cars generally then all the better.
i think this is being sorted with the 2022 rules & i think ross brawn is going to be militant on this

4 - that needs sorting. because as i said post Belgium it really confused me because ran in far worse conditions & wasnt even the wettest race we've at spa. might be coincidental but the wet weather issues have arisen since Bridgestone left

Irrespective of the make of tyre, once there is running water then aquaplaning is inevitable, the known formula is nine times the square root of tyre pressure in psi and expressed in mph, your average saloon car tends to aquaplane at about 50 to 60 mph, easily tried by driving your car in torrential rain at varying speeds, best to ensure there's not much traffic about.

Set £100m budget

Get rid of royalty payments

Tell Ferrari to shove it with their rule veto

Finally tell those sore losers Red Bull to simply :censored: off if they can't accept getting beat or don't like the rules

Set £100m budget

Get rid of royalty payments

Tell Ferrari to shove it with their rule veto

Finally tell those sore losers Red Bull to simply :censored: off if they can't accept getting beat or don't like the rules

2021 with liberty is the 1st time for 15-20yrs the teams were told what they were doing instead of coming up with rules themselves

well we got the budget sorted. but alot of your issue stem from unsustainable financial issues that creeped in & have strangled the sport & gave alot of power to the teams because they have the power. because we had 1 new team come into the sport in the last decade it doesnt look too likely to get another any time soon. im guessing that the last team from scratch to not leave in failure. was the BAR team you have to go to the previous millennium for that.

widely known problem is that as a sport we have castle built on sand & probably since 2012 we have been 1 team leaving from disaster & ive mentioned few times that F1 maintaining a 20car grid for the last 8 seasons is a miracle in itself. as hypothetically.
Mazepin is chucked out of Haas - 18 cars
Call Ferrari Bluff - 16 cars
Call Red Bull Bluff - 12 cars
then in recent years what it Williams & Force India couldn't find a buyer went bust. worst case scenario you got a "sport" with Mercedes, Mclaren, Alpine, Alfa Romeo

Last edited:
although i agree with him if they had this on the sunday "feature" race it would be horrible,

but i dont see the issue with a stand alone championship on a friday or saturday. with a sprint race with either fully reversed championship standings, or just top 10

Breaking news "Serial quitter says he would quit F1 over reverse grids - Shock"

Hold the front page.

LOL

All the things that make F1 what it is today are unlikely to change, as it needs to maintain its status.

Technology convergence, money and the ever decreasing gains and ever increasing costs mean better reliability, more similar performance, and the focussed being moved away from the performers. I know it is a team sport, but that being said, it is difficult to embrace that when the technology involved, and the nature of the machinery is so complicated that it mean nothing in real terms to most people.

The main challenge is that having got to where we are, any move away will either be veto'd, or will only serve to make things worse in the long term. And bear in mind that F1 cars will still be expected to lap a track quicker than the next fastest single seater series, so there is a floor to performance drops. Also, you can never un-learn something.

In my opinion, the best thing that could happen is for Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari to pull out, and leave a more level playing field behind, but if that happens, sponsors will also pull out, and there will no longer be the money sloshing about, so there will be a drop in everything.

F1 became too football!

The Pits in a perfect world yes i love the manufacturers to reduce because them pricing out the privateers has got the sport in the mess we currently have

but in realistic world if they left. i dont see where 1 team is going to come in to replace when Haas inevitably go bust nevermind the 3 to replace the big 3

Back
Top Bottom