How long until HRT disappear from F1?

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
I've said it in other threads but with HRT being prohibited from racing, they will find it harder and harder to achieve the 107% time required at each subsequent race.

Not being allowed to race tomorrow means, potentially, they are missing out on 116 laps worth of useful data, telemetry, feedback and driver familiarisation.

Come the next race in 2 weeks time, all of the other teams will have made small tweaks and changes, eking out a few hundredths or tenths here or there.

Repeat this cycle for 3 or 4 races and HRT will never be able to achieve the time required in qualifying.

With in-season testing no longer permitted, it's only a matter of time before they disappear from F1 for good.

I wonder if the other teams/FOTA supported their appeal to the FIA to race this weekend?

If you look at how their nose cone dives towards the ground, whilst all the other teams are flat and wide, I have to wonder if they have done anything over the winter. HRT may disappear, but all those rejected entrants may see a chance to get into F1 (Villeneuve/Stefan GP/Durango in particular.) Force India is on about its fourth guise in as many years, and survived long enough to get a rich investor. Too many people want in on F1 for a space to just be left begging.

Yes, Force India did survive but in-season testing was permitted when they joined, and there was no 107% rule.

With the 107% rule and no in-season testing, any new team is really going to struggle to survive.

This is something which was discussed at length when in-season testing was banned.
The FIA should have special dispensation for any new teams to at least give them a chance against established teams which have years and years of data and experience which to draw upon.

I'm no fan of HRT particularly, but if you're going to allow them to race, then don't make it as difficult as possible.

Martin Brundle was very clear though, I think he called them a waste of space, or something along those lines.

Martin Brundle was very clear though, I think he called them a waste of space, or something along those lines.

Hate to say it, but I agree. They are simply a joke, no-one knows what their driver line up is as they constantly change it. The F111 is pretty much last years car re liveried and even if they raced tommorow they wouldn't get any closer to Virgin and lotus. There will be little if any development on the car, particularly when compared to the other teams on the grid. They are running out of money and they are that slow it is dangerous to the other teams. They won't make it to midseason. I would say they are up there as one of F1's worst teams.

Rant over

As far as I am concerned they are already out of F1.They have had the same amount of time as 1 Malaysia and Virgin and still are useless.
Their excuses are pathetic and they have had their chance and blown it.
No sympathy from me.

I've just read that their 2011 front wing failed a mandatory crash test so they are using the 2010 front wing.

This whole escapade makes me think Peter Windsor and his failed USF1 venture were incredibly lucky to never turn up at a GP in the first place.

Well the FIA have to be seriously questioned in all of this.

For reasons still not yet clear *cough* Cosworth engine *cough*, they gave HRT a place over all the other applicants.

I said in chat this morning - 4 races (I doubt they'll race at any of them but I think they'll turn up at 4)

I'm afraid they're the most unprofessional joke of a team for a long, long time. Not being fast isn't a crime, but theres something altogether more disturbing about HRT.

To not turn up for testing - excusable in season one, but unbelievable in season 2! They'd done one lap before today in their new car. Not good enough.

They're the worst F1 team since Mastercard Lola.

teabagyokel, at least lola managed to get some laptime in practice. Makes you think how would lola have done if they had got the 13th place for 2010

Last season we thought of them as plucky underdogs who faced a mountain just to get their cars on the grid and the fact that they managed to survive the whole season was enough for them. To let the same thing happen this year though, and not turn a wheel in anger until the very first race and even then to be so far off the pace, just makes them a joke in my opinion.

I agree with all that's been posted, they can only get worse (if that's possible) from here on in.

Back
Top Bottom