Hometown stewarding

Centrifugal force would naturally push a car to the outside of the curve, as we can see.

Expecting a driver to counter that and make a dramatic change of course in the opposite direction in a fraction of a second is unrealistic.

What should be being debated is why so many expected a penalty because a Ferrari was involved, even commentators.
That speaks volumes about the perceived impartiality of the FIA.

Well Brundle at first thought nothing would come off it but after seeing a few replays changed his mind and said Vetrtel had been "naughty"....
To be honest I always feel a bit funny when fans always put the finger of blame at race stewards. It's true they sometimes prove inconsistant but they have more ways and more data to base their decisions on than we do.

And most of all, a quick look at comments from fans of all teams proves, the fans are still a hell of a lot more biaised than stewards!
:)

Not at Barcelona she weren't. There were no spaniard at Barcelona. I don't know who was at Valencia.

She’s an FIA steward and I don’t know the exact role she performed in Barcelona (whether chairman or simply an additional steward) but I do recall her name coming up in the stewards report after fuel gate (i.e. McLaren's under fuelling of Lewis and his subsequent demotion to the back of the grid) . I can't find the original report but it’s been reproduced verbatim by f1sa . http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?optio...rmula-1-saturday-report&catid=1:f1&Itemid=157
(Scroll to bottom of page)
The FIA website also tends to list only the three additional stewards and doesn’t provide the full list. This is not to say that she is biased in anyway as her background suggests she’s well trained.

How do I tag people? Slyboogy made a great post about this over in Muzzland.

Well I did write that post at 3 in the morning, so not sure if it made sense, anyway I was a bit annoyed by the race, so I might have come across as a retard, but I'll copy and paste the post anyway:

What I don't understand is, how did Vettel get a penalty on the move for Alonso, but something similar with Di Resta and Senna with no investigation at all?

Might aswell hand Alonso the championship, did Vettel like Grosjean get the penalty for "forcing a championship contender wide" - personally saw nothing wrong with the move, seen it countless of times without any penalty given, borderline racing, not as bad as Schumcher at Monza last year, I enjoyed that too.

In the end it doesn't matter, but puzzling how one driver got penalised and another didn't even get investigated.

Oh, and didn't Alonso shove Di Resta through Curva Grande at the start too?

EvilWhippet loved that last line your last post by the way :)

If Vettel was on the limit and couldn't turn in any tighter at that speed then he should have slowed down. We were all banging on about safety last week. Where has that gone? Alonso could have lost control and plowed into the wall. Vettel needed to leave room.

You're saying Vettel should've slowed down to accomodate Alonso's move (which Alonso initiated) to save Alonso from crashing?

EvilWhippet - what I am saying is that there is a rule in place to give an attacking car a cars width once they are along side. Alonso was clearly along side and Vettel needed to leave him room. People on this thread have said that Vettel couldn't make the turn any tighter as he was on the limit of his tires grip level. If that was the case the only way he could stay on the leagal side of the new regulation of leaving a cars width was for him to slow down.

I am sayin he should have just given up and let him pass? No. What I am saying is that every driver must follow the same rule book no matter who they are or their championship position.

I think that one of the contributing factors to people's skepticism at Monza is the FIA's history at the place, always pro-Ferrari: allegedly allowing the Red Menace team to compete using illegal fuels, being underweight etc( because allowing Ferrari to be more competitive at Monza, even in "off years" is supposedly "good for the sport"). Impartiality in Italy has never been the FIA's forte, so suspicions abound and are all-too-frequently justified.

Back
Top Bottom