Health & fitness

I ran every day in September - mostly 5K but a few 10K also.

I found that after about 10 days to 2 weeks I was just getting slower and felt more and more lethargic.

I won't be doing that again.

What's new?

I've only run twice so far this year/month/decade - I finally got over my slipped disc (which took months this time) and then picked up a virus courtesy of some little shit at my daughter's school, oh and popped my disc out again :rolleyes:

I'll try and get out tomorrow.

I did a 2 1/2 mile walk today but hurt too much to run so I have failed RED January :( I shall try and get as many days in between now and the end of the month.

I admire you all. At the moment my back is killing me. I’m wondering if I should try some mild running to help myself, and I mean really mild ?

Managed to hit 3,000KM for the year.

Only because I wrecked my achilles and switched to cycling for spring and summer.
I would never have been able to run that distance in one year.

Edit: Updated Tuesday 29 after what is likely my final run for the year - a half snickers.

Strava 2020.png

Decided to mix things up a bit this year.

I loathe running and as the weather is so bad at the moment, I've started skipping, or jump rope as they call it here.

It's not as knackering as running but it's still a decent cardio workout, plus it uses a few different muscle groups.

Got some tricks down already - going to work on the criss cross next.

I'm doing my first "formal" half marathon at the end of November. Hoping to get close to two hours, which means I would be lapped by Eliud Kipchoge running a Marathon!

Back
Top Bottom