Hamilton v Alonso ~ Senna v Prost

The only advantage I know Ferrari get is a greater share of the FOM purse which is for historical reasons. Never heard of them getting technical info.

Ahh...i only thought about it because EJ mentioned it last year. I seem to remember him saying they get technical info and blueprints. Like i said though, i feel like i am starting a conspiracy theory so can't really run with this. Think i should stick to talking about the news, not making it. :embarrassed:

Having read the initial article it reads like someone aged 12. It's the sort of thing that school kids would argue about in the playground.

"I'm going to pretend to be Senna and you can be Prost"
"No I want to be Senna"
"Well you can't anyway I've got a yellow and green hat so you can't be Senna"
"That's not fair, and I don't like Prost"
"Well be Mansall then?"
"Urgh, that's worse and anyway, it's my toy cars, I'll take them home if you don't let me be Senna"
"How about Piquet then?"
"Muuuuummmmm Billy won't let me be Senna"
"Now play nicely you two or find something else to do"
"Yeah, how about we get the Star Wars figures out"
"Yeah Cool, Can I be Han Solo"
"No, I want to be Han Solo"

As has already been posted, Hamilton V Alonso is always going to be Hamilton V Alonso.

The only advantage I know Ferrari get is a greater share of the FOM purse which is for historical reasons. Never heard of them getting technical info.
Bridgestone tyres were developed specifically to suit Ferrari as far as I am aware.

Ferrari also had a technical veto over other teams' designs.

It can't be underestimated just how much of an advantage Ferrari had for a significant period of time.

That's for another thread though...

I'd say Lewis is reaching here a bit, but he's definitely entitled to think whatever he wants about his rivalries / nemesis'. We know he's always idolized Senna , and if he sees any similarities with himself and his hero, he is likely to embrace them. I don't see anything inflammatory here, just a rare candid moment from a professional athlete.

There's plenty of time for a true Vettel / Hamilton rivalry to develop, if he wants to see the guy who tried to intimidate him in his rookie season as his all-time rival, it's fine by me. Rest assured, he's going to try and beat Seb as well.

I don't think we'll see a true Hamilton V Vettel rivalry until Hamilton joins Red Bull for 2012 (you heard it here first ;) )

Personally I think that the Hamilton-Vettel rivalry will be the defining point of this decades racing. They are young, both already have championships in the bag and barring injury will be racing past 2020 which might be difficult for Webber, Alonso and Button.

If only there were a graph showing Seb's wins from pole vs Lewis' vs both of their wins not from pole, I'm guessing I know who comes out on top.

CTA.jpg

Lewis has won more races not from the pole, but has an equal pole conversion rate to Seb!

Good stuff tby. It should be noted that in 2009 McLaren started filling Lewis incredibly light in Quali to move him up the grid. And we all know that he actually did convert his Spa 2008 pole into a victory, albeit for just an hour or so.

I'm going stick to my left field here and decide that Hamilton doesn't give a stuff about his rivalry with Alonso.

Looking and listening to Vettel this year he seems much more settled, and therefore much more of a threat - as a result, one of his benchmarks has just discounted him as a rival. Seems to me there's a smidgeon of headology going on here

I would say that either Lewis is playing Headology (as GeoffP said), or that Lewis has looked at the Red Bull, seen Vettel and his honest opinion is that it is more about the car and hobbling his team mate rather than Seb as a driver.

Good stuff tby. It should be noted that in 2009 McLaren started filling Lewis incredibly light in Quali to move him up the grid. And we all know that he actually did convert his Spa 2008 pole into a victory, albeit for just an hour or so.

It should equally be noted that there is little doubt that Seb would have won both the 2010 Bahrain and Korean GPs if not for reliability, and probably the Australian GP to boot!

That race is Seb Vettel's F1 début. Robert Kubica injured and Nick Heidfeld in car #9...

It should equally be noted that there is little doubt that Seb would have won both the 2010 Bahrain and Korean GPs if not for reliability, and probably the Australian GP to boot!

I should have never started this, but can we give Lewis Abu Dhabi 2009 then. He actually had the best fuel strategy for that race from the Pole but retired because of brake issues. 8-)

I should have never started this, but can we give Lewis Abu Dhabi 2009 then. He actually had the best fuel strategy for that race from the Pole but retired because of brake issues. 8-)

Well, I would argue that you had to take the stats at face value, just because analysing each individual race is going to lead you down a difficult road.

Well, I would argue that you had to take the stats at face value, just because analysing each individual race is going to lead you down a difficult road.

I agree, it was unnecessary. I never turn down an opportunity to revisit Belgium 08 though, as that result is scarred into my brain because I spent the entire day thinking that Lewis won.

I agree, it was unnecessary. I never turn down an opportunity to revisit Belgium 08 though, as that result is scarred into my brain because I spent the entire day thinking that Lewis won.

Indeed. An interesting case of someone going off the road and being penalised for it to howls of protest from this site...

Back
Top Bottom