Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
it was interesting watching drive to survive series 2 & the episodes on haas car struggles. that the issue may not have been tyres. engineers saying that the car overheating alot more than their rivals & grosjean was saying that car was fine on its own but once it got into dirty air the car was very inconsistent

Also gene haas is adamant that the rich energy deal was worth $60m dollars. all they got was 1st payment at the start. nothing & in my opinion i trust him more than slightly dodgy appearance of rich energy guy

what could be the chances of Logan Sargent. could they he become what haas have been looking for in 2022 or 2023 & the 1st American driver for American team

Didn't Andretti driver be for a US team? Can't remember the name.

Pretty sure Penske fielded an American driver in their two years as well.

Super Mario drove for Parnelli

1598792316136.png

We have 3 drivers from the continent of North America on the grid

2 half drivers from Asia

1 from Oceania

0 from South America

0 from Africa.

That makes 75% from Europe and 15% from North America.

Maybe F1 should concentrate on becoming truly international rather than trying to be popular where there is money

The lack of South Americans in F1 is extremely surprising given the race and championship winning drivers from that region over the decades.

Most South American economies are total basket cases so they probably can't fund drivers. Either that or they are too busy playing football.

Either way, F1 is contracting to it's European core whilst series like WEC and Formula E attract drivers from across the globe. That said, there are few Chinese drivers (one in FE?), no drivers from the Indian subcontinent, only one black driver in F1 (who, admittedly, is taking all the other to school every weekend), and one Euro/Asian drivers, Alex Albon.

Is it a marketing thing?

Oh, and there a no women. My wife assures me women and perfectly capable of driving a car (anyone who has been in a car with her will disagree). So, perhaps along with sorting out the competition problems in the teams we need to sort out the diversity on the grid?

Are we going of topic? Maybe a new thread needed? Here's one - F1 and Ethnic Diversity

Interestingly, if you count Russia as Asia (which I do) there are 10 drivers from that continent competing in F2 this year (including a Chinese national).

3 from South America

1 from Oceania

That leaves 8 Europeans meaning they only make up 36% of the grid

While it has been off topic, at least there's been some discussion in the Haas thread which has been far more interesting than their performances this season.

And just like that we're back on topic.

:D

Back
Top Bottom