Poll German GP Overtake of the day - Poll

Who gets your vote?

• Lap 8 - 5 Alonso passed 1 Vettel for 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding Lewis on Alonso, cold tyres or not, Alonso had track position and with more guile and situational awareness should be able to maintain his position.

The fact that he wasn't in a geographical position to try to defend was because he did not expect anyone would have the nerve or sheer guts or audacity to press the accelerator round the outside with it's lack of grip

All Alonso had to do was to take a legitimately wider line and Lewis would have been inspecting the run off area

So cold tyres etc are no excuse, Alonso got mugged

Yes, you are correct, it was Zonta in the BAR.

Presumably then Zonta had no wing mirrors and no-one told him they were coming up on him. He knew, sat in the middle of the road and left room on either side. He had to trust them as they had to trust him. I'm sorry, but it looked to me like guts all round, if it didn't to you fair enough.
I was there and was cheering on Schumacher, but what an impressive move it was and was well worth getting soaked before the GP started simply for that move. Found a new grudging respect for Hakkinnen that day.. :)

Sorry, I just like overtaking - all and every - could the poll be multi-choice please. :)

Understand if not possible :disappointed:

Right chaps, before we end up re-enacting a whole Python episode we'd better get back on topic, or this thread will get split off!
Looking at it again on the video - thanks Keke - I was pretty impressed with Alonso's pass on Vettel.

Some people feel the need to turn everything into an argument.

If you intend to pick holes in others thoughts, bugger off and do it elsewhere before i get my virtual chainsaw out and chop you to pieces.:)

"Oh Oh"(quote from Rain Man)we're about to witness an overcooked flat out extreme canadian ninja chain saw massacre.:o

I think the best overtake of the top drivers was Alonso on Vettel, the reasons 1] similar aged tyres, 2] no issues of tyre temperatures as both cars were on the starting tyre, 3] Did him out of the turn 1 turn, and most will agree that the Redbull has the better traction.

The reason why I didn't go for the Hamilton on Alonso was simply due to the fact that he passed Alonso out of turn 1 and before 2-3, a similar pass about 10 laps later by Kobiyashi on Rosberg in the similar situation ie: one car coming out of the pits with a new set of primes and the other having run into temp tyres on, to me there was nothing special about it, or I guess then Hamilton and Kobiyashi will have to share the award.

I don't know if this counts but to me the best sequence of the race in respect to overtakes was the webber taking Hamilton and Hamilton retaking Webber.....If that counts then it is the overtake(s) of the weekend.

When Webber attempted the same move on Hamilton he had tyres that were up to temprature, Hamilton did not and yet he stopped Webber so who knows. With regards to the Alonso-Vettel overtake it was pretty good but I feel Vettel half heartedley covered the inside line, he moved half way across it but then stopped.

Similar but different situations, Hamilton was in the middle of the road to start with, the attempt started into turn 2 and 3, Hamilton was in a position to drive Mark Webber off the road (the rights and wrongs of that will be excluded), Alonso like Rosberg were easy pickings, both out of 1 really were unable to get onto the power and the result was Hamilton/Kobiyashi just flat driving past before turn 2 and 3,.....I regard those as rudementary passes rather than stuff dreams are made of, and surely Hamilton has had many a greater moves than flat out driving a car with no machanical grip.

I change my vote to the Webber/Hamilton/Hamilton/Webber sequence.........showed the strength differences of the two cars, The Redbull with better cornering traction, and the McLaren with better straightline speed and better in the braking zones.

When Webber attempted the same move on Hamilton he had tyres that were up to temprature, Hamilton did not and yet he stopped Webber so who knows. With regards to the Alonso-Vettel overtake it was pretty good but I feel Vettel half heartedley covered the inside line, he moved half way across it but then stopped.

I agree with that which is why Hamilton on Webber will be my vote but Alonso did come from miles back so its still an amazing move which prob would have won on another weekend.

I voted for both Schumacher on Petrov and Hamilton on Webber. Both were great little battles, Hamilton never giving up and knowing what to do to get himself back in front and I love the fact that Schumacher kept his foot on it despite being half on the kerb and half on the grass :D.

I've posted Hamilton's onboard from his battle with Webber.

And I've broken Schumi's move out to stand alone if someone wants another quick view.

Ultimately, I went for Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom