Television Game of Thrones

I enjoyed the programmes a bit too much so have now read some of the books instead, then realised they haven't all been released so have slowed down. In general the TV programme is fairly true to the story although as could be expected they cant recreate the mass battle scenes quite as you may imagine them. The first series should get through 1st book if anyone is interested in jumping in. I look forwards to seeing how they will manage some of the things that will be in the 2nd series.

I watched the 1st one at the weeked and there's some shocking acting in Camelot! My mrs informs me that the main character was one of the random vampires in Twilight. That sets the standard for the acting and production values!

Blatant use of female body parts to try and gain ratings, I will prob watch more but only as there is nothing else on TV at that time!

I am about to enjoy/endure Camelot. I'm expecting Eric Idle though, so I'm not going to enjoy it really.

Lol I've got sucked in by the female body parts then, obviously. I wasn't entirely convinced by Arthur/Merlin first time round if I'm honest but I'm willing to give them a go. Frankly I'm partial to a bit of rubbish TV anyway.

Sean Bean has just re-affirmed his legend status after a kerfuffle outside a bar over the weekend. 52 year old Mr Bean was out dining with a 22 year old former Playboy Bunny when some Southern lout was gesturing at said model and mouthing off with a lot of lewd comments. Sean stepped in and diffused the situation but the lout later returned and punched him in the face and then stabbed him in the arm with a broken glass.

Not sure what happened to the lout but Sean refused all offers of medical attention and just went to the bar, borrowed their 1st aid kit and ordered another beer.

They make us tough in Yorkshire!

This is fairly accurate then Yorkie?
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/sean-bean-beatified-by-northerners-201106153949/
LOL

Starting to get interesting now.

I won't post any spoilers but suffice to say it's evolving just as I thought it would.
I predicted what would happen with the king and the subsequent developments.

Dirty, back-stabbing bastard is all I can say :D

Have to wait until later in the week to see what happens now :disappointed:

I have altered my view, having viewed the series. It is an entertaining drama series that has prompted me to start reading the books. Very enjoyable.

Well we've just finished the first series and I have to say there were some surprised related to a few of the main characters.
Let's hope that jumped up little shit Joffrey gets what's coming to him.

We both guessed what was going to happen with the Khaleesi and the eggs though.

When is the second series airing?

The second series is slated for broadcast in November i believe.
I've read four out of the five books now, excellent reading.
Buy them, read them, expect great things of the next series.

I've still not seen any of the TV series, but bought the first book for the beach as it looked a weighty tomb and I had a lot of time on my hands...suffice to say I'm on to book 5 now and completely hooked! The world that Martin has created is so rich and detailed, and he's not afraid to challenge the reader's expectations either. I'm only sorry there aren't more in the series.

Thought I'd dig this old thread up again, did anyone catch the 2nd series? The politics really got turned up a notch and it's going to be a long wait until series 3!

I've actually watched it all again from the beginning with a new female friend (thank you sky plus!) I've really learned so much more re-watching it and comparing the characters from how they are in the 1st series to their actions in the 2nd.

I've got a new opinion of the Hound, he is definitely one of the good guys even though you don't want to get on the wrong side of his sword.

Utterly epic, good interpretations of the books. Get the books and refresh your knowledge of the Houses as you watch from the appendices in the back Brogan

Back
Top Bottom