Ford suing Ferrari over use of F150 name

I expect Ferrari make most of their money from t-shirts and mugs, can't think of any other manufacture that could claim the same thing.

Glad I didn't update all the data.
Ferrari have changed the chassis name again :rolleyes:

It's now called the Ferrari 150° Italia

The ° is the Italian representation of the English th.

Of course their usual arrogance was displayed with their press release about it:
"It might seem like a Kafkaesque scenario, but the affair relating to the name of the car with which Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa will tackle this year's Formula 1 World Championship saw its final and decisive episode played out these past few days with the concomitant withdrawal by Ford of the summons. Therefore common sense has prevailed," said the column.
"In order to avoid the slightest risk of anyone confusing a Formula 1 car with a pick-up truck, for their part, the men from Maranello have decided that the car will lose the F that precedes the number 150 and which stands for Ferrari, as it has done on numerous occasions when it's come to giving a car a code name, be it for the race track or the road.
"It appears that this could have caused so much confusion in the minds of the consumer across the Pond that, at the same time as losing the F, the name will be completely Italianised, replacing the English 'th' with the equivalent Italian symbol.
"Therefore the name will now read as the Ferrari 150° Italia, which should make it clear even to the thickest of people that the name of the car is a tribute to the anniversary of the unification of our country.
"Let's hope the matter is now definitely closed and that we can concentrate on more serious matters, namely ensuring that our car that already seems to be pretty good out of the box, becomes a real winner."

Whilst I agree the response by Ford to the original name was ridiculous, this statement by Ferrari, coupled with some of their others from last season really does make me lose any respect at all for them.
They just come across as a nasty, snidy little team.

Is that a genuine statement?

"Therefore the name will now read as the Ferrari 150° Italia, which should make it clear even to the thickest of people that the name of the car is a tribute to the anniversary of the unification of our country.

givemestrength.gif

Whilst I agree the response by Ford to the original name was ridiculous, this statement by Ferrari, coupled with some of their others from last season really does make me lose any respect at all for them.
They just come across as a nasty, snidy little team.
And you've just realised? :whistle:

Woohoo! I just noticed I've made 400 posts! (sorry, that's a bit off-topic I know).

Four fifths of the way to my 500°
(phew! back on topic - sort of)

Therefore the name will now read as the Ferrari 150° Italia, which should make it clear even to the thickest of people that the name of the car is a tribute to the anniversary of the unification of our country.

Ferrari's arrogance really know no bounds.

I suppose the thickest of people wouldn't have seen that Ferrari needed to be in front of Rosberg in Abu Dhabi before they pitted...

My suggestion is that before they name a car, they check that it is legal to do so!

Maybe Ford have made a mountain out of a molehill but there is exactly no need for that kind of comment!

I can't believe these guys - you have to wonder if these releases are ever made in Italian or Spanish. The most arrogant of supporters must find this attitude offensive.

I saw a geezer cruising round my sleepy little market town last night, in a red Ferrari f430 Spider with the top down (on a cold February night), and thought, 'What a tosser. I'd rather be seen in a ford F150'.

Edit: note, 'twerp' wasn't my word, the swearing filter put that in.

Come on guys there only saying what we all think. I mean seriuosly could anyone other then stevie Wonder get confused between the two cars.

I don't think it has anything to do with getting confused between the cars, I think you'll find in Fords case it was more about web presence and being first in the google searches. The statement by Ferrari misses the point entirely and really does make them look like arrogant little twats..

Back
Top Bottom