First GP after you were Born

1970 Kyalami, during a dangerous, exciting and sad era for F1.
Interesting thread (if you were born after 1950)

Also Kyalami - won by Lauda driving this (I'm showing my age now)

Hence the reason I want to see Rush.

LaudaNiki19760731Ferrari312T2.jpg

Brazilian GP 1889, Although I was born a couple of weeks after last race of 88 so it was whole four months after i was born. Interestingly enough It was the race fellow Brummie Nigel Mansell raced and won his first race for Ferrari. maybe that has something to do with why i like red things?

Brazilian GP 1889, Although I was born a couple of weeks after last race of 88 so it was whole four months after i was born. Interestingly enough It was the race fellow Brummie Nigel Mansell raced and won his first race for Ferrari. maybe that has something to do with why i like red things?

how many horses were pulling them cars back in 1889 ? LOL

30th May 1953 - Indianapolis 500 (then part of F1 championship). Race won by Bill Vukovich driving for Kurtis Kraft-Offenhauser on Firestone tyres. First race of the season was in Argentina on 18th January six days before I was born. That race was won by Alberto Ascari in a Ferrari on Pirelli tyres.

Interestingly Ascari, Ferrari and Pirelli tyres took the 1953 World Championship. Is that an omen for 2013?

Um, LifeW12 I'm sure you didn't want to derail your own thread introducing the tyre chestnut. Your OP is such a great idea I really wouldn't like to see it messed up already!

Back
Top Bottom