Movies Films which you haven't seen but want to

Think thats one for Blu-ray I think, the cinema won't be getting my hard earned cash for that! It does seem a lot like Shaun and the Dead V Football Factory.

After reading Greenlantern101 earlier post there is a 3rd way for a newcomer to watch the star wars trilogy.

If you watch them in episodic order > 1-6, By the time you get to the big moment in Empire you don't have the shock factor as you already know the story leading up to it.

If you watch them in released order > 4,5,6,1,2,3. You have the big epic finale at the end of 6 but then have to watch the newer 3 and its all a big anti-climax and the satisfaction isn't there. You also see the special effects decrease far too much.

Now for the 3rd way which in my opinion is the best way to watch them.

You start with Episode 4, and 5. You then watch 1,2,3 in flashback format before finishing off with 6.

You get the big moments without spoilers, The films get better as the special effects come on, Episode 6 will hold its own compared to the others too. And of course you get the big final battle at the end! Best of all worlds I think!

Just had this recommended by a friend. Black comedy looks brilliant.
Caravaning couple go on a murder spree.
Trailer has some swearing.

I'm currently trying to work my way through the IMDb top 250 list (using LoveFilm), as there are so many great films I haven't seen. I've almost seen all of the top 30 now, and about 80 out of the top 250. Thinks like the Godfather, Fight Club, Schindler's List etc. I hadn't seen before but now have.

The other great thing about it is for most of them I know very little or nothing about the story, and probavly haven't seen a trailer. Films are a lot better when you don't know what's coming.

I'm also a bit wary about that, cobsidering The Hobbit is much shorter than each of the LotR books. I think they're bulking it up with stories from the LotR appendices etc. I hope it can live up to the LotR films but they're gigantic shoes to fill.

The Running, Jumping and Standing Still Film. I've seen bits of it but never the whole thing. I think it unlikely that I ever will.

I'm currently trying to work my way through the IMDb top 250 list.
I went through this list and was rather surprised to see so many pre 1970's films. They must take up 1/3rd of the list. That is hugely out of proportion give the relatively smaller number of films made pre 1970. There is also surprisingly few recent films from the last five ten years and very few comedies, children's films and horror films.

Serious omissions from the Top 250 - Avatar, Dumb and Dummer, Uncle Buck, Planes trains and automobiles (I could go on)
WTF from the 250 list - The good the bad and the ugly at No. 5 (really.. No.5.. really.. its an ok western but no.5 !!! )

For those wanting to try and see some of the older ones, such as The Great Dictator, Modern Times or Nosferatu the Vampire, the full movies are on You Tube.

Back
Top Bottom