Movies Film Thread

Umm it's not really anything like that.

I just have no interest in watching a movie about a man who can shrink down to the size of an ant.

Much like I have no interest in period dramas or movies about irritating boy wizards chasing flying golden balls on broomsticks.

My daughter is hugely into the Marvel world of films, I haven't seen any of them. Oh I'm with you on the boy wizard Brogan, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone seen Yesterday? I am considering it but I'm wavering about buying it and I can't say why.

Angel I don’t fancy that film at all, it seems a very strange plot, with no real rhyme or reason. I mean why has the world suddenly developed mass amnesia, it makes no sense.

Angel I don’t fancy that film at all, it seems a very strange plot, with no real rhyme or reason. I mean why has the world suddenly developed mass amnesia, it makes no sense.

That's the thing Titch , it does seem odd and I'm not sure if it's too odd for me. I can't make up my mind whether to watch it or not.

Well, I'm late to the party but Black Klansman was excellent.

(and not just because there's bugger all else on tonight)

Now, do I want to vote for Boris Trump in a couple of weeks time?

As a bit of background, I am a total sci-fi and fantasy nut.

I own about 2,000 books from Heinlein, Asimov, Covenant, Lumley, Hubbard (who's a ****ing idiot), etc. and countless mini books from the 60's.

Having said that, am I the only one who thinks Star Wars is utter, utter shite?

Now I know why I like you so much.

As one who has read Asimov's Foundation series in its entirety I can safely say, without fear of contradiction that Star Wars is an absolute load of bollocks.

While we're on the subject of fantasy novels.

May I take this opportunity to recommend the "Rivers of London" series by Ben Aaronovitch. I'm currently on book 4 of 8. They're brilliant. Wizards, magic, crime fighting, drama and mystery set in the heart of London. Great, grown up comedy thrillers.

I've now watched Frozen II.

Hmmmmm, it's not great. Granted I'm not the target audience but it has nowhere near the heart and warmth of the first one.

My 4 year old daughter enjoyed it. My 8 year old son said it was OK. We watched the 3D version which did look quite impressive.

There were far too many lines of exposition followed by songs that would have made Webber and Rice blush with their showness.

A paraphrased extract:

A: "how are you?"

B: "Fine but have I told you about the evil thing over there?"

A: (bursts in to song) "oh no, what shall I do, there's something evil over there according to you, (goes quiet) oh how I doubt myself (goes really loud) but I'm strrrrrrooooooonnnggggg"

Back
Top Bottom