Movies Film Thread

In the spirit of the season we watched Arthur Christmas at home. It turns out to be highly enjoyable and the best part is that it had a brief cameo of Toronto. Very recommended to watch with the family.

I've just re-watched 1984, the John Hurt, Richard Burton version. If you have read the book the film is a fabulous tribute to one of the greatest books ever written.

I've finally managed to watch Str Wars Episode 7 - The Force Awakens.

Hmmm, so, A robot carrying information wanted by the baddies escapes capture and ends up in the hands of a young, talented pilot. They escape capture by leaving their desert planet in the millennium falcon and spend thetime next part of the film trying to evade capture while returning the robot to the good guys. On managing to do this they are then faced with having to destroy the bad guys planet destroying weapon using only their little x-wings. Seemingly against hopeless odds, they make their attack and in the nick of time destroy the enemy weapon.

They should have just put - Star Wars Episode 7 basically exactly the same plot as episode 4.

Give Episode 3.5 a go.

Problem with Episode 7 was they had to reassure so many people who became disillusioned after episodes 1 to 3. I thought it worked really well; maybe not original but huge fun.

I've finally managed to watch Str Wars Episode 7 - The Force Awakens.

Hmmm, so, A robot carrying information wanted by the baddies escapes capture and ends up in the hands of a young, talented pilot. They escape capture by leaving their desert planet in the millennium falcon and spend thetime next part of the film trying to evade capture while returning the robot to the good guys. On managing to do this they are then faced with having to destroy the bad guys planet destroying weapon using only their little x-wings. Seemingly against hopeless odds, they make their attack and in the nick of time destroy the enemy weapon.

They should have just put - Star Wars Episode 7 basically exactly the same plot as episode 4.

So you enjoyed it then?

Actually it was quite enjoyable.

There was one bit I wasn't expecting.

(Then again, they copied that bit from 'A New Hope' as well)

;)

Watched Rogue One yesterday and even though I wanted to like it, I didnt. It's a fine film, a great war movie if you will but not what I expected. As soon I saw Grand Moff Tarkin, I said to myself; I have bad feeling ...

Since i had never watched a Harry Potter film and my 11 year old grandson wanted to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night I decided I would as well. I was not sure what to expect but had heard from fans that they were all fantastic. By the time the first hour had passed I was wondering when it was going to start, by half an hour later my grandson had got his iPad out and I was bored, the adverts were so far between that I was getting impatient to see them. Then finally there was a burst of action with about twenty minutes to go but it was computer action with lots of flashing lights, then it went back to boring again.

Is there something wrong with me? Have I had too much Tom Holt to need humour to go with computer aided action?

I saw rogue 1 yesterday. Slow starter but finished well. I actually enjoyed it despite not being over excited about it. The cgi Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher were well done. Way better than Jar Jar Binks.

I also watched Dam Busters this afternoon. Almost sprayed Coke all-over myself when the black lab dog, turned out to be named 'nigger' omg. Life was rather more racist back then.

:o

Was that the first time you've seen The Dambusters?

I still remember the first time I heard my Nan use the phrase "the Nigger in the wood pile". I almost choked on my toast.

Did you know Greenlantern101 that George Lucas gave Industrial Light and Magic a copy of the last 20 minutes of the Dambusters to demonstrate his vision of what the final attack on the Death Star should look like in "A New Hope"'. If you look and listen to a New Hopes climactic finally you can hear character names, lines of dialogue and even whole scenes lifted directly from the Dambusters.

Finally, there has long been rumours of a Dambusters remake in the pipeline. Stephen Fry purchased the rights to make a new film. It is rumoured that the name of the dog would have been changed to something like Digger to avoid offending certain markets.

I'm watching Cliffhanger. The scene is an aircraft mid air cargo transfer. they say they are dropping to 1500 feet..... and they open the door, whilst all wearing scuba masks. 1500 feet. 1500 feet. you know where there is plenty air. Without wearing equipment meant for being under water.

I've not seen this before. the guy from 3rd rock from the sun is in it.

fantastically crap

Last night I watched The Greasy Strangler - ****ing, ****ing weird. Watch it if you dare.

You're not wrong FB, that was quite a film. I had to have a five-day break half-way through, then gingerly went back to it, expecting.... I don't know what. However, after acclimatising to the sheer bonkers ridiculousness, I kind of enjoyed it. Especially the ending.

If you fancy another try Trash Humpers or Bad Boy Bubby. Hey why not make it a double bill, I dare you!

Back
Top Bottom